The Next Penelope (2D F-Zero / Ulysses 31)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:22 pm

@7Ck Thanks!

@Vintehin Thanks a lot for playing! The game has now been updated with more content / missions if you want more of it!
BONUS MISSIONS UPDATE VIDEO > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JaGB4tHnDk

@lolpaca Very glad you like it <3 !

@imothep85 I'll answer in English so everyone can understand. Steam doesn't allow devs to share numbers. That said, no, it isn't a hit or even a small success for now, not even close. Early access games don't sell much if there is no zombies or craft in it.
After a 2 years development and a small advance on revenues to finish the game I still have to give back, I'm far to have made any money with it.
For now, I'm just super happy with the feedback and that's the most important to me. No bitter feeling of any kind, I'm really super happy right now : )

@Ashley @Tom > If you guys launch the last version of the game, you'll now notice a "made with C2" logo at start ; )

----------- v dum dum dum, BREAKING NEWS! v ------------

Also, the game will be out in a [BOXED VERSION] (< remember those?) at the end of the month thanks to indiebox.com. The game will come will full manual in color, OST on CD, goodies, etc...
http://theindiebox.com/Penelope/?utm_co ... ign=buffer
It took me quite some time to find someone being ok to do this, so I couldn't be more excited by this : )
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:11 am

thanks for those infos :D im going to buy the boxed version :D.
i hope a big success of your game on steam :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 am

Re: EA success.

I only know of a few games that were a hit during EA in recent times: Neo Scavenger & Prison Architect. There's a bunch of others that were successful also but its true, its very rare these days given how much bad rep EA has got.

I've purchased TNP to support you, but I don't have much free time to play games these days. It's definitely on my big list of games to catch up on (Divinity, Dragon Age Inq are the big ones coming up next!).

I think TNP will do really well once its live-launched, so good luck and all the best! :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:07 am

Whoa, congrats on the Indie Box! That's awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:09 am

actually you have Positive (44) Négative (0) on steam, thats nice :D i hope your'e going to get more reviewers :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:35 am

Make that 45 Positive reviews. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:05 pm

I would also buy the box version, just because its so fricken cool.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Aurel wrote:@imothep85 I'll answer in English so everyone can understand. Steam doesn't allow devs to share numbers. That said, no, it isn't a hit or even a small success for now, not even close. Early access games don't sell much if there is no zombies or craft in it.
After a 2 years development and a small advance on revenues to finish the game I still have to give back, I'm far to have made any money with it.

What is early access? My goal is to get on Steam, but my game won't be ready for a few months. As long as I get it done by the end of the year, I'll be happy. But when I hear people talking about Steam and not making anything from it, it makes me nervous. I'm not looking to get rich right away, but it has to be worthwhile at least.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:40 pm

DrewMelton wrote:What is early access? My goal is to get on Steam, but my game won't be ready for a few months. As long as I get it done by the end of the year, I'll be happy. But when I hear people talking about Steam and not making anything from it, it makes me nervous. I'm not looking to get rich right away, but it has to be worthwhile at least.

In brief, EA are often unfinished games that rely on pre-purchasers to support its continuing development. A bonus for supporting the game during development is player feedback in theory helps make for a better finished game. The problem is many EA games in the past don't ever get finished so its received a bad reputation. Many EA titles are also broken, full of bugs and are unplayable or with very little content so gamers auto-skip over any EA games.

TNP is definitely not like most EA games, its very polished with a good amount of content. If its sold as a finished game right now, it will do well and justify its price tag.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Silverforce wrote:In brief, EA are often unfinished games that rely on pre-purchasers to support its continuing development. A bonus for supporting the game during development is player feedback in theory helps make for a better finished game. The problem is many EA games in the past don't ever get finished so its received a bad reputation. Many EA titles are also broken, full of bugs and are unplayable or with very little content so gamers auto-skip over any EA games.

TNP is definitely not like most EA games, its very polished with a good amount of content. If its sold as a finished game right now, it will do well and justify its price tag.

Thanks, that definitely clears things up. As many games as I've bought off Steam, I've never even looked at early access.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations