The Next Penelope (2D F-Zero / Ulysses 31)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am

I'm still floored that its a one man effort!

And amazed its 2d, it looks so 3d with the way you play with shapes and colours! Hurry up and release it, so you can take my money!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 am

Awesome :) Bravo
French developper based in La Rochelle/Tours
Machines I used to play or develop games : Amstrad, Atari, Amiga, PC, PS, Xbox, mobile
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:20 pm

This is just...beautiful. The ships, the title screen, the great use of parallax...how the hell did you do those pillars? :shock:

The gameplay looks really slick too, what an intriguing mixture.

BTW, maybe it's just me...but Penelope brings to mind another firey haired, futuristic heroine with an eyepatch. :geek:

Nah, I'm probably just being a dummkopf...
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Wow, I'm gobsmacked! I didn't expect to see something amazing like this. I hope it gets greenlit, because I really want to play this.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Looks amazing ! * ,*
B

Post » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks a lot for all these very kind comments!

I really hope you'll like it once completed, and if you're going to Gamescom in August, I should be there too with a playable demo if you're in the mood.

Keep up the good work with your games!
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 am

Wow......really amazin ! Can´t believe that you / your team done this game with "construct2" :o ....i can´t :)
B

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:35 am

wow.. I literally just want to give up after seeing your first devlog video... you are really attacking this thing.. you got some true motivation! And you have a great eye for effects... I suppose it helps to be a great artist, but still your use of special effects seems quite seasoned. Watching the trailer I forgot I was looking at a game made in C2...

Like that electrified teleport beam in your game.. I've been trying to make a beam weapon attack look good in my game for over a month now. I have it looking okay, but not even close to yours. It doesn't behave well and glitches.. I've tried everything..

I'd say good luck, but with your skills and motivation you don't need luck.. just a matter of time before you do really well for yourself!

cheers!
Last edited by jobel on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:53 am

and I don't mean that as a slight against C2.. just most of us making games on here aren't pros and don't make moving parts so veteran-like!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:51 am

Having been a game graphic artist for 10 years sure helps, but I've never done any code or made music before Penelope, I'm a total newbie on a lot of things, and don't consider myself as a "pro".
(Also, the beam effect you're talking about sure have glitches in my game too! When you're too far/too close, it's not pretty, I'll have to work it again.)

Thanks a lot for your comment, but please don't give up!
That's what I love about C2, people who aren't pros can make amazing things with it. We just need to focus on our strenghts. (I see you're a music producer and coder, I'm sure you can make fantastic games dynamicaly linked with music, which I'll never be able to make.)

It took you a month to get a OK beam effect? Well, it took me a month to make a OK background music like this one:
https://soundcloud.com/klahp-klahp/bgm-chromeostress

I wish you the best with your game! : )
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations