The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:32 pm

[quote="Silent Cacophony":19tp0ip6]I figure that my first learning projects will probably be some [u:19tp0ip6]retro games[/u:19tp0ip6] that I played on the [u:19tp0ip6]Commodore 64[/u:19tp0ip6] and such[/quote:19tp0ip6]

You're my new best friend, lol :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 am

Hello everyone, i'm Alex, from Switzerland. I'm 21, student and I nourish a great passion for computers and the way they work.

My first experience with video games was when my parents bought me the Master System 2, with Sonic inside. I've played it along and along, until Sony made the revolution with the PSX. From then one, never had another console than PlayStation.

A few months ago, I've started a project that contains a lot of different media, and i was thinking about a small game. As I clearly dislike Flash, i searched for a mean of creating a game without having a lot of knowledge in developement. And my surprise was quite high when i found Construct. Well, i'm definitely a beginner, and there will a lot to learn, but i like challenges :)

My favorite games are Resident Evil, Dead Space, God Of War and Darksiders. The old 2D games that i like the most are Sonic, Pacman and Prince Of Persia

Greetz !
B
G

Post » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:20 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Dallas, but online I go by Mr. Anonymous or more recently the current name up and to the left, Riggs Tooples, and I like to make games. I've been doing so for the past 11 years or so, hopping from engine to engine to see what works for me. I currently still use RPG Maker VX - and God only knows why, since I don't make RPGs (I was working on a platformer engine, with a decent amount of success). I do a of coding for systems for public release; someone might even recognize me here. Currently I'm an administrator at RMCollective. Yet, for one of my projects (if you're curious enough to click the link, be amazed at my audacity with that program :P), I simply ran into too many walls with input classes and the like, so I decided it was time to throw in the towel and pull out the big guns - which is how I stumbled across Construct. I'm only two days in and already have a lot of the features ported over, thankfully.

I've made a few games, but mostly nothing to actually write home about. I like to do stuff in the platformer and puzzle genre; more specifically I like to blend genres for interesting gameplay. I grew up with the NES and as such my favorite being the standard fare of that age: MegaMan being on top of the list, followed by the likes of Mario, Castlevania, and so on.

Anyhow, I really appreciate how much work has been put into Construct, and I'm looking forward to its future - not that I've even began to scratch the surface of its current state. So with that said, I suspect you'll be hearing a lot more out of me - but in small bursts.

Cheers!
B
G

Post » Mon May 03, 2010 12:42 am

Hello my name is Danny believe it or not and I'm new to this whole game making thing, I've tooled with GM in the past but never really finished anything. Now that I am older(22) I feel I owe it to myself to finally complete something. Hopefully I will make some friends along the way.

I'm more of a artist than anything else, and I feel that working to make a complete game will give me some much needed experience and move out of my comfort zone as far as art, no more half mutated hitchhikers(mostly). So for my first game I've decided to try a more anime-ish look, something I have never done before.

Well that's about it...

Favourite Movie: Eraserhead/Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind <Tie
Favourite Book: Ender's Game
Favourite Food: Steak
Favourite Vidya Game: LoZ:OoT
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 06, 2010 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

I was very surprised to find such an awesome gamemaking tool, which, IMHO, surpasses many commercial alternatives.

My main passion is making music (check out my netlabel www.enntess.org and Hardmoon on Youtube, FOEM.info and Subco.org ). I also have a passion for playing videogames, so the next logical step is trying to build some myself;)

Well, back to learning more about Construct!
B
G

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi all! I'm Vanja, and I like to draw and animate stuff.
I also like pigs and cows and rats and pirates and cheese and such.

My gaming career started in the mid 80s with a Philips G7000 (Odyssey2 to you overseas peoples)...yeah, I'm old. About a year later I got my first real computer, a Commodore 64, and eventually started messing around with graphics and programming and even some music. I've been wanting to make my own games ever since. Most of the games I started on were never finished because my programming skills aren't good enough.

I found Construct a couple days ago when searching for windows based game makers and I love it so far. I'm hoping it'll enable me to make some of my old unfinished projects come to life, and once I've figured out how to use it properly, I'm planning to start on some new ones. Right now I'm working on a clichd little sidescrolling space shooter, since I had some shooter graphics I made 11-12 years ago on the Amiga which were never used.
B
G

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 6:07 pm

vanja, are the animated gifs your work?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 7:02 pm

[quote="lucid":3j9la68i]vanja, are the animated gifs your work?[/quote:3j9la68i]

Yes they are :)
B
G

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 9:51 pm

awesome stuff
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 11, 2010 1:06 pm

[quote="vanja":u1wqnzge]
My gaming career started in the mid 80s with a Philips G7000 (Odyssey2 to you overseas peoples)...yeah, I'm old. [/quote:u1wqnzge]

To ease the pain a little, you're not the only old scirra user;)

Welcome and I must say, I'm impressed with the artwork...!
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic