The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi there. I am a professional web developer/programmer looking to expand my horizons. I figured since I've been playing games for 20+ years, its time to start making some.

I LOVE this app.

After trying Construct 2 for a couple weeks now, I took the dive and bought standard. Be looking to upgrade to professional in a month or so. Wish me luck!

My first gamedigitalsmeg2012-07-09 21:13:47
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 am

Hello.

Greetings.... I am the one they call Ezandros. Today I registered and I would like to say "Nice to meet you"

I am still a newbie in this thing. If anything I did silly please slap me. Thank you.
B

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 pm

HI!

My name is "SparkDad" I once owned a company called Archangel Studios that was about to be published by Strategy First, but our funding evaporated and our game died.

I have always dreamed of making a game and now that I have found Construct I am back at it with my 11 year old!

See you in the forums!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Hello ! here a new one in the community. I am barely doing my first welcome tutorial, So far I have one question. Would it be possible to use Construct 2 to build games kind like Scrabble or Crossword and the hang man. More specific, does construct accepts algorithm logic by coding? Those are the kind of games I am in charge at my company so I am taking a look and construct looks great for html5 games I appreciate any comment regarding my question.
B

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 am

Hello everyone !
My name is Michael and I learned about Construct 2 through a friend.

Right now I am trying to reproduce a GTA 2-style game. With a randomly generated map..... running into a lot of problems haha.

Cheers !
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am

thank you for letting me com to your website and I am happy
B

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 pm

i want to start my games on facebook
B

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:40 pm

[QUOTE=quineto] Hello ! here a new one in the community. I am barely doing my first welcome tutorial, So far I have one question. Would it be possible to use Construct 2 to build games kind like Scrabble or Crossword and the hang man. More specific, does construct accepts algorithm logic by coding? Those are the kind of games I am in charge at my company so I am taking a look and construct looks great for html5 games I appreciate any comment regarding my question. [/QUOTE]

@quineto: The accepted word around here is that you pretty much can create any 2D game with Construct2.
You can set the events and code an algorithm of yours, which makes C2 a non-limiting tool.

You can check some of the tutorials available, some display "complex" algorithms like creating a memory match game or you can also check the [url=]how do I FAQ[/url] which contains topics and examples that will surely help you get a feel of what C2 is capable.

@Afeefa hira: You can check the how to make a facebook game tutorial as a start, as well as check the previous links I've given (tutorials and how do I FAQ).

Welcome to both of you and all the newcomers in the forums !
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:41 am

Hi all! Yet another Construct 2 newbie here. I'm almost through the platformer tutorial and I'm finding the tool to be a real pleasure to use. We actually use Unity at my company but for rapid prototyping, Construct 2 seems to be much faster.

A question: regarding platformer-style games, is there any way to set a tile's transparent pixels to be non-solid while the rest of the tile is solid? Thanks!
B

Post » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:09 pm

Hello World! ij3m here, after much dilly dallying I get to introduce myself. I'm thrilled to be on this community finally and I am all for diving in into the deep end of things. first question though, how do I change my avatar...?
web worker
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic