The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 am

Hi guys.I like to develop Games since i was a kid.i started to draw at the age of 5 till now and started to develop games from 2009 onwards.
Unfortunately, non of my games were complete.but still i have my game project left to be done.before i used Gm7(Game-Maker 7),MMF2(Multimedia Fusion 2),GE(Game Editor) and now Cc(Construct).i like construct classic because of its smooth interface and the way it is.Cc is more easy than the engines i used before and im trying remaking my games with it.

i have thought of my game developer name as DeveG (Developers games)
i have another name for other games and its(Ts-Interplay) [Ts] we are brothers 3 brothers(Triple-S-BrOs

B

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 am

Hello World
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:37 am

Hello! First of all sorry for my English language skills
I am start make comp games lond time ago when I was a kid. It was on ZXSpectrum-48 and old IBM System's, by using Basic and Assembler. After this I work as DataBases programmer on FoxPro, Access and LotusNotes/Domino. After this I am move from coding to sales/marketing department in IT-industry. I was help to my friends to sale games they created (as independent developers) but I was still have an idea to make my own games. In my free time I learn C# and make some text-based MUDs. Previously I was looking in Unity3D side (because of my C# knowledges), but thinking realistically, I realized that I can not do anything good in 3D - it requires good skills in modeling and takes much longer time to do something look not very bad. At the same time, 99% of my ideas fit perfectly in 2D format. So I decide to make game prototypes on Construct and code it on C#+XNA Framework.

But after I see Arima's http://www.scirra.com/users/arima game http://www.loot-pursuit.com/ I was shoked. It is amasing project! After some questions on forum and Arima's PMs I decide make Scirra Constructor as my main game dev tool and now I will try to make a whole game on it from A to Z. I buy personal licence and very happy with my choi?e (look like it takes 10 times less time and stress, than if I did the same work via C#+XNA).
I am still a bit worry about performance for big projects but I hope all will be fine.DeusEx2012-07-27 07:40:20
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:28 am

Hello
I am an Italian web developer with a strong passion for the gaming world.
I know languages ??like C #, Java, PHP, and - of course - HTML. For work I have always developed on ECMS, or medium-large web projects.
While, as a hobby, my passion for video games has led me to try to develop my game. I tried various tools and frameworks, from XNA to jMonkeyEngine for example. Unfortunately I have little time to develop an indie game, but Construct 2 has awakened the desire to do something!
For now I have not bought any license and I am trying Construct 2 in Free version :-)
However, it is absolutely fantastic, it takes half the time to create something nice! Less stress, less time "wasted" and a good result. As soon as I planned how to develop something serious, I will buy a personal license!

Sorry for my English    
B

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Hello !
I'm new there :)
After some tests on Free Edition, I just bought the Personal Edition and I enjoy it ! Perhaps you'll see me soon around a thread :)

As Damaxeus (Welcome too), I feel sorry for my poor english... French people inside :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello construct people,
I am very new to construct, found it online while researching collision detection so i could start creating my first game. Making a game been something on my to do list for many many many years. Started several times then always end up running out of time or becoming way too busy. I was glad i found this program. Makes building a game actually do-able.

Maybe I can be of some future help, since I'm a developer for boring business applications.

Hopefully I can post my first game to the arcade in a couple months.

B
S

Post » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm

I Love construct 2 very much. i love to make games so i searched for game designing programs and i saw construct 2 and i download it. I try it and its was diffucult for me because this is the first time i make games. After time I learned how to use and Im happy so much.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:54 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community as well as the 2d scene. As an indie, I've been working with 3d engines for the past few years. I have been wanting to delve into 2d for some time, but for numerous reasons, I never have. Recently, I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy of Construct 2 through a contest that IGD Magazine held. I must say that I am very impressed with the Scirra community and the engine itself. I do look forward to spending more time here and hope to have something to show soon. Thanks!
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 am

Hi everyone -

New to Scirra, but it looks like I'm going to be spending all my free time here until I've got no creative juices left =)
B

Post » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:30 am

Hey all, I'm Frank Perez, but I also go by the user name Elyzius or Elysius in a number of forums and gaming sites. I've mostly been in the Neverwinter Nights 2 modding scene, but I'm now looking into indie game development. Anyone who is interested in my game-related projects may visit my blog. Among other things, it has a number of musings on game development and 3D modeling.

Cheers.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic