The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:58 am

Hello i'm LelandLL, I just joined Scirra to learn how to be a game developer online. I had intended to join a lot sooner but couldn't at the time when didn't have it on windows. I'm 21 and seeking to develop a interest in game programming i had played games all my life. But developing a game it's like a different language for me and it difficult to do because i can't seem to wrap my mind in it. But thank you for welcoming me

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi there!

I'm DoctorKhaos a UX - Designer from Berlin in Germany.

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Scott Howard and in short I'm an aspiring game designer, gaming enthusiast, bargain-hunter, and beer lover. I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, but I've also dabbled in video game design over the years, starting with the original Half-Life in modding and also Warcraft/Starcraft custom map making.

I went to school and earned a Bachelor of Science in Digital Entertainment and Game Design at ITT-Technical Institute. I worked a year at Cyan Worlds/Cyan Test as a QA Tester and QA Test Lead, but life has it's odd little twists and turns, so I'm no longer working in the game industry officially.

With a full time job, it can be difficult to find the motivation to design games. Thankfully, I stumbled upon this website and the Construct 2 engine about a week ago, and it reignited the spark to start working again. I dabbled with the free version for a few days and immediately purchased a license. I created a couple 40-hour game projects with GameMaker 8.1 and I'm going to attempt to recreate at least one of them using Construct 2.

There's not much else to say other than I'm pretty much just a dude with a loving wife and dog who is trying to create games on a side, whenever I'm not playing them, of course. I also tend to get long-winded and wordy, so I'll wrap this up now! I look forward to participating in the community in any ways that I can and hopefully I'll get around to sharing some of my games with you all.

-Scott / Crazyhowie

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Greetings from Vietnam,
I have been browsing the forum for a while. It is a pleasure to become a part of Scirra community.
I am a software engineer majored student, come to game making mainly because I have some ideas that I want to implement. I love to create games that everyone can play, regardless what OS they are using, so I decided to spend my time digging in Construct 2.

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey guys! I've been workign with Construct 2 for a couple months and have 2 projects under way. One of which, entitled Super Juniper, I'm hoping to start Kickstarter funding for in about a month.

I've always been a gamer. I learned to read playing Pokemon and Banjo Kazooie. So making games has always been a dream of mine. I finally felt my skills were sharpened enough so I started looking for a devloping platform, thus Construct 2.

I'm very interested in mixing new ideas with tryed genres and themes. In general I'm looking to innovate.

I'm an artist, composer, designer, programmer, and director and I'm entering college this Friday. I currently work solo, for lack of good teammates, but I'm always looking!
Acrolith2012-08-20 17:36:26

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm a Canadian working on my bachelors in business management.

I first found out about Construct 2 when it was advertised on Reddit's /r/gamedev and see a lot of potential in its future.

Most of my gaming is indie gaming. My hobbies include growing carnivorous plants, collecting movies, watching anime and solving speedcube puzzles. I guess Kickstarter is now added to my list of hobbies as I produce episodes on YouTube about it.

I lurked the forums since March due to the bug where you can login on the arcade but couldn't login to the forums. Now that I can login, it is time for me to join some discussions.

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Hey guys, From South Africa. New to scirra, downloaded this program. Absolutely amazing.. reading through the tutorials ( very long). But I want to become a master in this program and make games easily at a point and show my friends.

You guys must help me a bit if I throw out and idea please thanks

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 am

Hi all, first post didn't take so thought I'd give it one more try. apologizes if I double posted

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm really liking what I see and having a lot less stumbles than I anticipated when I first started.
Thanks for all the hard work, really like what you are doing here. Especially the support and community.

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 am

Hi everyone... I'm glad I found Construct, it looks like a great way for a beginner like me to get started creating games.

I am not a programmer (besides HTML), so coding isn't something I can do. But I have been making a living online for the past many years, creating websites (HTML and others), so I think that helps a bit in terms of understanding how coding works.

I haven't created a game yet, but I will be starting to soon.

Note: I mostly this to get the extra badge. :)

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:22 am

Haha, welcome to the forum Borne.
Nice badge.

Return to Open Topic