The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:42 am

Hi,

I've been using Contruct 1 for a good two or more years now, the majority of which I have spent building a single, really big and getting-out-of-hand project. I've learned a lot about game design while using Construct, and have made a lot of progress, despite Construct's quirks.

Other than that, I'm a Computer Science student enrolled at the University of Wyoming. I've got some good experience with both Java and C++, both of which require considerably more time to work with than when building an application in Construct!

I've as long as I can really remember had a passion for game design, and hope to build some really cool stuff.

Thanks,

Spencer
B

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:34 am

Hi!

Im new to construct and making games in general, though I've been gaming for a long time. I had an idea for a facebook game and came across construct when searching for a free program i could play with. I'm here to learn about the program, see what others have created with it and hopefully will be able to turn my idea into a fully functioning game! I'm pretty excited, though not so much about the work involved in making a game... just the end result. lol

I look forward to seeing some of your guys work! If anyone has made a game using construct that's similar to Dragon city, I'd love to see it!
B

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello Friends!!!
B

Post » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi,
I'm Marcello from Italy.
An "old school" programmer
Oh, an ancient school.. I work on IT since 1981 (UNIVAC 1100, FORTRAN...)
Best regards
B

Post » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:35 am

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am somewhat of a nongame making game maker enthusiast. I have issues sticking to projects and tend to stray. (Don't let me join your team!)

Anyhow, I come here after using a lot of different game makers, including game maker, stencyl, game salad, flixel/flashpunk, my own js+html5, etc. I have been making half finished games for nearly 10 years now in a variety of languages as well. Using game makers is something a bit more recent for me, maybe in the last 2-3 years.

These days its not a lack of drive, or inability to stick to something, its a wife and kids and 50+ hour work week that really keep me from it. However that being said, with the ease and speed of Construct I see myself getting things done. We'll see though.

I tend to enjoy RPG and variants the most and have plans for a roguelike-inspired side scroller. Just wanted to give myself a brief introduction, though it turned a bit long winded.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:57 am

Hello!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Hello everyone. Thanks to Scirra for C2 tools!
B

Post » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi ! I'm new here. I've started using C2 yesterday and it's really awesome !
B

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello everybody, I'm a student from Romania. I study computer science and I decided to create some games with scirra c2 for my website, in order to find a bit more about game dev.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi. Been here for a few months but never found the time to introduce myself :). Im a 2d/3d/web designer, im from Spain and work as website art director. Did few games already but always as the designer. This time im working on my own game with the awesome C2 :D. Been working on my project for 2 months on my free times and hope to have something polished to show you soon :D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic