The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:25 am

Well, one thing I hate is introduce yourself on forums, but since i have started posting so many questions i might aswell introduce myself cause im bored and cant sleep. I learned to program in mmf2, started about 2-3 years ago. And so far I am really enjoying construct because it can do so much and has directx. I am pretty okay with graphics, i was in art school when i was young and drunk. Im still drunk but a bit older, 24 currently. I have always played games, i am a bit of an addict for pc games. And i have a long history of creating games since i was a kid, i have probably more experience creating games on paper than on pcs. And thats about it. I live in Croatia, Zagreb. Hurray!

Post » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:49 pm

I suck at introductions, but whatever. Hey guys! I'm here because I can't learn AS3 or any scripting and/or programming language. I've tried quite a few game makers, but none seemed as good as Construct. It's also free. I'm what you may call a gamer, but since where I live everything's overpriced, most of my gaming experience comes from emulators and indie games. I like to call myself a pixel artist, but I'm not really good at pixel art. You can torture you eyes by looking at my PixelJoint gallery, but I haven't posted anything there in eons. So, uh, yeah. Hey guys.

Post » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 am

Hello everyone I go by Ikonz101 and I am new to Construct and must say I am very impressed with this program for what it can achieve. I have messed around with Game Maker and MMF2 before and dropped both of them because of the "workarounds" you would have to do to achieve a simple task (especially MMF2). Other then that I am into retro gaming...mostly old school NES and independent gaming and chip tune music . I am looking forward to talking with the community and hoping to help other community members in the future (after I learn Construct a little more :D ).

Take Care

Post » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Welcome all newgaiz.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone is generally pretty helpful here.

Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX -

Post » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

My name is Yarfapet (Yarf-a-pet, Yarfa-pet...either's correct). I'm probably one of thousands of people who got attracted to Construct by its price of "absolutely positively nothing."

I'm a guy who's a been gaming for a while, and had the luck of owning the original Klik & Play back when he was 4. Most of my childhood was spent on a computer, and mainly with emulators. I wouldn't get back into the game making phase until MMF2, which lasted for a year before I switched to Construct.

I kinda suck a drawing (More now than ever) and can't competently write in any "real" code to save my life, but I enjoy writing comedy scripts in my spare time and I love tinkering with stuff.

I've actually have had an account here for a while, but never saw the reason to post anything. I felt now would be as good or time as any to start.

I look forward to see what I can give and what I can learn.

Post » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Well hi, I'm Pseudo, I'm new, and I'm hoping that I can get used to Construct nice and quick. I actually came from another game designing site so I hope it won't be too hard to adapt. I've had a lot of experience with computers and this kind of thing, but I only joined today so it'll be some time before I actually come out with anything close to a real game.

Post » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi my name is winkdog. I am a graphic designer/web developer. As a hobby for the last few years I have been working with World of Warcraft emulation. Helping people develop there own private servers, and contributing to open source emulators such as ArcEMU, and MaNGOS. Also I have built and released many custom WoW repacks. I have always wanted to develop my own games, and after a few months of researching all the many alternatives for game development my search has ended. For me Construct seems to be the most user friendly. I am looking forward to meeting you all, and becoming a contributing member of your community.

Post » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Zeratchi here.

Been a addict of games for a while actually, about ten years or so.
Same as most here I guess, startet out with the NES (Still playing on my SNES, games like : Secret of evermore, Secret of mana)

I've done a few games with Gm-PRO, Visual basic, I have even done some C# coding with Sharpdevelop, but desided to take a break.
Now I'm back, and was on the look-out for something "new" or at least diffirent.
Searched/googled for open source game creator, and Scirra came up.

Of course, I had to check it out before adding myself as a member.
So youtube scirra, and that lovely Scirra Showreel < [url:23nwumfu][/url:23nwumfu] > came forth. *Really impressive video*
Watching the whole thing, some other demo's, I got entreeged of this program.

Right now, I'm at work (of course) so haven't had the time to test Scirra out.
But from what I've been reading from the different users on different forums, it beats 'game maker pro 8.0'.

The dream is to create a lowbrand-rpg game that one can relate to something like:
Secret of evermore
Final fantasy
(Flash game called 'Sonny' which you can find on

Or more of a tower-defense kind of game style.
Making something like "Heroes of might and magic 3" would also be epic ^^

But here I am, dreaming away, when I should be working.

Not much more to say really.

Post » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 pm

jumping on the introduction train

Hi i'm Steffen,

Thomas Mahler brought me to construct as i was searching for a simple to use engine to do some game prototypen that doesn't force me to hire a coder for simple prototyping tasks.
I'm a professional 3d character artist working in the games and moviesector for over 9 years now and i'm currently working on a game universe with the first version going to be made with udk.
Unluckily our team consists of mostly professionals which makes certain things easier, but as everyone is in a studio and under production pressure (deadlines, crunchtime etc) it can happen that nothing moves on. As one of the biggest thing we'd need is code and out coder is sitting in the final stage of Brink, we are in such a nothing goes forward stage.
So i wanted to try around with contsruct if i could do the whole adventure part in 2d, basic movement, player-npc interaction, basic quests, items etc. to get a feel of the pacing.
Turns out its still harder for me as artist as i hoped it would be but hopefully i will still get some stuff done in 2d.

Post » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 am

Hi, just joined up after stumbling across this place last night.

Spent the evening playing with Construct and downloading lots of
.cap examples whilst scratching my head. Brilliant, I'm impressed.

[size=85:1doyie8d]Anyway... .. . Guess I'll give it a go... .. . *shrug*... .. .
what harm can it do... *ponders project, apathetically*[/size:1doyie8d]

[color=#666:1doyie8d](Nah, I'm excited really!)[/color:1doyie8d] :wink:

Return to Open Topic