The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 am

a GREAT game creator! Simple and clean... hopefully the engine will be more powerful in the future...
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":2ozqqik0]Welcome all newgaiz.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone is generally pretty helpful here.

~Sol[/quote:2ozqqik0]

Hmm I can sense something here :twisted:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 am

Greetings, I'm a long time 2d artist with a decent portfolio looking to make a splash with a new engine. I'm pretty easy going and not hard to get along with, I enjoy cherry pie, literature, various styles of hand drawn and digital artwork and late nights. For anyone who is interested my 2d graphic portfolio can be found here:[url:3733dd12]http://zpuswarehouse.wordpress.com/[/url:3733dd12], and I am willing to take on art projects for anyone interested. C7 suggested I give Construct a whirl and see what I thought, so I figured I would sign on and look for myself.
B
G

Post » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi,

I'm an 18 years old freelance artist (both 2d and 3d) working on a game project with a small team. We are using mmf2 right now but i found that construct would be a lot more efficient for us, so i'm trying to convert the programmer to it. moreover, I'm interested in using this tool to animate some of my stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:59 am

Hi guys (and girls?)

I'm 25 years old guy from Poland. I love 2D graphic, especially from SNK (you know NeoGeo, right?). If you wanna check my "portfolio", here is my DA page - eldominiko.deviantart.com. Nothing more, because I never learn English language, so I can't speak freely.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

hello

this guy pixel rebirth registered at salt world, a community i go to and posted a big construct FAQ. i took one look and thought "welp this is pretty much what i have been looking for" and so here i am a week later having tinkered a bit and fallen in giddy schoolboy love. i'd been planning a metroidvania-type game for a while and was umming and ahhing about what engine i was going to use and i guess construct ticked all the boxes for me! so i am here to pick all your brains about the technical aspects and hopefully come out the other side with the finished article (FOR ONCE I MIGHT ADD)

outside of games i love football, music, literature, history, all very interesting things etc. and i am sure i will bore you to tears with all of them. i am british-irish and i am one of those horrible surly teenagers you have been reading about in the newspapers i don't even have a job for god's sake bloody perennial scroungers don't know they're born

p.s. if you too like football we will quickly become friends! unless you are a filthy villa fan you scum you scourge of the earth sorry sorry i just get a bit carried away
B
G

Post » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:36 am

I don't join new forums very often- I tend to stay in a few communities and just accrue posts there.

However, since I actually want to go somewhere with my myriad hobbies, I decided that after months and months of lurking, I'd join here.

I downloaded Contruct a while ago, and while I love the interface and the possibilities, all of my projects have hit repeated roadblocks that have put them all on hiatus- though admittedly, I might have set my sights too high initially. Thus I will try to receive help from some of the more experienced people here. Though I'm not too bad a learner, and have figured out quite a lot by myself plus tutorials/lurking, some things I can't figure out.

However, since i don't want to seem ungrateful, I'll try not to be a post-twice-and-leave type of guy, and try to help others in any way I am able, which at this stage might not be much, but i can do SOME things. Also, I make game music, or music much like it (because I love games so much) so if you need some tunes for a game, I'm always happy to oblige. See signature.

However, to get the ball rolling, I do have a question for anyone in the know: does construct export specifically to .CAP as well as EXE? because the help page says "Post a .CAP" yet, I see no option. Or do I just upload my .CAP to mediafire and post the download link from there? Thanks for any responses.

Look forward to integrating myself in the community. I too noticed how helpful everyone is here, which honestly surprises me. Nice to see a good group of selfless programmers/game devs. :-)
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi my name is Eddy Gomez.
I am currently studying to become a web designer / developer. I have always loved video games, from gunstar heros to red dead redemption, me and video games have spent a great deal of time together. I had wanted too make video games as a hobby, while the web became my career. I looked into game maker and did some tutorials, and it was good but then I found construct and now here I am. I'm bout to dive into the tutorials and get my hands dirty.
B
G

Post » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm

The tutorials are a huge help- you can learn a lot from them and fairly quickly.

Good luck!
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 am

Hi guys
I'm gmvasco, and I'm starting to learn how to code me some games.
I've participated in some comercial ventures as a music composer, and now I have a few ideas I'd like to test in games of my own, but I can't afford a programmer, so here I am :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic