The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello World

Przemek here(yeah, I know - it's pronounced something like p'shemeck), originally from Poland, formally of UK and now of US. I had been lurking around the forums for some time now and I finally decided to take the idea of creating some video games in a more serious manner.

I am mostly a designer and a maker (as in maker/hacker movement), but up until this point, my creations where either only for me, or for small tabletop game publishers.

Now, I am just learning the ins-and-outs of Construct, but will start making games soon.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Jon Bickel here... Been wanting to make games as a hobby for a little bit now. Going to give Construct 2 a go and see what happens!

See you all around...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi, Tuna here I'm still learning construct classic and I want to learn Construct 2 as well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Construct Classic is absolete :) , Don't waste time in learning it , learn Construct 2 and start developing games !
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 pm

[QUOTE=tringio] Construct Classic is absolete :) , Don't waste time in learning it , learn Construct 2 and start developing games ![/QUOTE]

Construct Classic is really that outdated?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Just bought my liscense after making my first game, super stoked!
B

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi all,

I just discovered Construct through the Steam website.

I look forward to learning construct and playing your games!

B

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:28 am

hello,I'm from china .i think i can finally make my own game use construct2
B

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Not sure what to say, really. I am an older gent, just made my first game after doing 2 tutorials on Construct 2.
Right now I am using the free edition but I can see myself eventually getting the full version, possibly next month!

Glad to be here, and happy that I made a game on my own! :D
MOO
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm Devon Campbell, and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee in the US. I've loved videogames as long as I can remember and have wanted to make them almost as long. I'm currently toying with both GameMaker and Construct 2.

I've got a programming background so I'm a bit more comfortable with GML at the moment, but I see lots of potential for Construct. I would like to make some web-based educational games to promote my bi-weekly educational technology newsletter Pixed (http://www.pixed.us/pixed/). I might also like to port those to iOS and/or Android at some point.

I've run a couple of the beginner tutorials and have started work on my first game about counting money. I'm posting in the forum when I hit a wall and getting great help from the community.

Thanks, everyone, and good luck with your own games!raddevon2013-01-31 16:58:40
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic