The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 am

Hi, my name is Martin.

I'm and old school gamer, and now i will try my best to recreate some of the games that made my world great back in the 80's :-)
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 am

Hello

I am Chiel from The Netherlands. I'm a gamer and i never thought i would make a game myself until i tried out Construct 2. I followed the beginner's guide to Construct 2 and was surprised what i had achieved in such a small amount of time. That was it. I was hooked and wanted to do more.

I'm currently building my first game in the free version. My plan was to get the most out of that first and release a demo. After that i'm planning to buy the personal version and finish the game.

I'll post a video later today or tomorrow in the "what you're working on" thread so keep an eye out for that.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Mais um Brazuca!!!!
Mirdov Indie Games
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello , I'm Brazilian
B

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 am

Hey everyone, I'm a 39 Year old lifetime gamer starting with a Commodore Vic-20 and working my way up through the Atari 2600, the NES, Sega Genesis, Sony Playstation, several Xbox 360's, and about a bazillion computers and gaming rigs I cobbled together from parts and good intentions. I've done a lot of Flash/Actionscript development and have always been interested in game design. I am just now starting to tinker with making my own game and just discovered Construct 2 and have started playing with it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 am

Hello Guys,

I'm Greg, a Dude. I have been playing video games since I was a Kid. I am currently working as an IT Guy and never expected to be able to create my own games. So I am a noob dev, trying to do something :D.

I have first started to look for competitors IDE before finding Construct 2. It's really easy and I'm playing with it atm.

Also I am not a native english speaker, forgive me if I do some mistakes :D

Nice to see you ;D
B

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel. I'm a graphic designer for a IT company in Brazil, and I'm trying to get into HTML5 game development, and Construct2 just seemed to be the best option.

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Yello.

I'm Erik, some dude from Scandinavia. I'm into pixel art mainly, but can also hack something together in Basic code when I'm feeling techy. Had a sniff at Construct 2 a couple of months ago and found it ber-promising so here I am.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi, My name is Les Player, and I have been programming for 40+ years (yes I am 60+).

I love C# and XNA on Xbox, (and am/was totally frustrated and angry towards Microsoft for their development halt for XNA). I looked towards HTML5 / Javascript for porting some of my software from XNA, and discovered Construct 2. The real value of this product is that it will introduce so many people into the world of programming without them realising or really trying, and at the same time have a lot of fun.

I have been told by real programmers that Construct is just a toy- but I can only assume they have not looked beyond their first few clicks, and not fully understood the expandability via plugins and behaviours.

I was the European Technical Manager (1982-1990) and helped introduce the Atari ST into Europe, and it pleases me a lot to see so many developers here who had started out on the Atari. I wish had had it so easy to learn all those years ago. But Im still learning!
B

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:53 am

Greetings, Fellow Nerds!

I am a website designer, and, now, it appears, a game programmer! Kind of. I don't really want to learn Java or C#, so, I'll HTML5 (which I do know) for this.

I am also somewhat of a Brony Musician, a YouTuber, among other things.

-Epic Nerd
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic