The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Robin, have been making games and animations for some years now. Mainly used Flash for everything but I've also tried out MMF and a bit of Game Maker. Now I've just started a couple of days with Contruct 2 and I'm loving it!

I've never really finished a game, my projects are way too ambitious most of the time. But, I'm currently working on a horror survival game, the game I've always wanted to make. I work on it when I'm inspired and try not to force it too much and this method seems to work. It has been in development for almost three years now, and it's not nearly finished, but I'm still really enthousiastic about it!

I'm more of a graphics and animations guy, not really a programmer although I really like to code and I'm always willing to learn new stuff.

Oh my favorite game is The Legend Of Zelda.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Welcome, Great art work , May be we can tag together i can do the programming and u can do the art work for my games, let me know if u r interested by sending a PM.
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Hello, My name is Austin Smith. I'm 17 and I was born in May. My dream is to be a game designer but I've never had any software or let alone computer to use of my own. Now I'm really new to this but I love learning it and its easy to get the hang of after a minute. What I eventually really want to do is to work on games with someone as seen on tv right now for example that cell phone commercial with them making a unicorn game is something I'd eventually like to do. But anyway that just a little about me. I'm using the free version of construct so I do have limitations but one day soon I hope to get my license from them.
B

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 am

https://www.facebook.com/jufri.nusi [QUOTE=jufrinusi] [QUOTE=jufrinusi] [/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
B

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 am

Hello! (:
Trying this out for the first time, wish me luck!
B

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:07 am

Hello! I'm working on my first Construct 2 game, although it's not first engine I've worked with. I recently released a puzzle adventure gamemade with RPG Maker, which was much better received than I could have expected, but I'm using this now because of the greater flexibility and online support. I hope to stick around for a while!
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 am

Hello I'm Benemok and I'm going to make some games to publish on the scirra arcade and I just want to say that your support is much appreciated
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi,

A fellow Game Designer and Artist who's joined this awesome community, hoping to make and help the creation of awesome games.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello,
I'm Alexander, I'm 25 years old. I first got into videos game when my dad got me the original Nintendo system, after that He bought our first PC an Intel i386. That's what really got me into video games, eventually moving on to our first Pentium computer. During that time playing old classics such as Lucasarts adventure games or Apogee Software until I finally hit 3d games and just fell in love with the idea of creating video games.

I eventually started working on mods for half-life and unreal tournament, just making incomplete games more or less. Until I built up a portfolio and did co-op at a game publishing studio called Dreamcatcher games, (Which is now bankrupt or bought out I think.) I created some box art for a game called metal heart except the only thing in my layout that made it to the final design was the actual logo. The rest was done by another artist.
     A year later I started work at a small casual games studio, working on time management and hidden object adventure games some of the games I worked on were
-3tones
-nightfall mysteries: curse of the opera
-nightfall mysteries: asylum conspiracys

After that I moved on to create more hidden object games with another developer but this time I was doing all of the artwork.

The game is INK: The Philosopher's Well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWEAY_Ona-w

The game got canned due to some issues in the company.
Those games I worked on previously were done with adobe flash.

After leaving that job several months ago, I started to play around with game maker, and mmf I was going to try and create Hidden Object Games of my own, but I eventually gave up on the idea because the tools were just not what I imagined them to be.
And then I found construct 2... and wondered where this tool was all my life. So far it does everything I throw at it, its really the perfect game creation tool for an artist. I decided to create a game with construct 2 that I would enjoy playing, not like the previous games I worked on such as casual hidden object games. but its really early in development, I can't wait to post pictures and videos so make sure to keep an eye out!elitezore2013-02-19 16:27:04
Check out my projects Quest Board! Pixel Disk
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic