The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 am

Okay no biggie :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 pm

hi, my name is kiril, from bulgaria. im 21.
i was working for retouching and web design but it was only a matter of time until i realise that what i want to do is games.
and construct is the best thing giving a chance to someone like me (whos not a programmer) to learn to make games, to get better and better, then move onto unity3d for fps's and stuff.
i dont know what interesting thing to tell you, my country is awful :D
i enjoy talking about all kinds of stuff, pc stuff, science, healthy living, conspiracies.
nice to meet you all
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi Guys! :D

i'm Gianluca from Italy (L'Aquila) and i'm 38.

i'm an "old skool" programmer (just editor and my C compiler! and some free libs) and i'm new to the "new" generation of game engine where you "paint" your code.!!!

until now I didn't like this kind of programming but i tried Construct and
I was completely fascinated for semplicity and power!!! :shock:

I hope to make some good stuff with Construct!!!

Congratulations to all the staff!
and the wonderful forum!.

:D :D :D

PS: Just maked a little donation to Scirra developers.
(a little help for those talented guys!).
B
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

remember qbasic gregbug? i used to to love it when i was 14.
shame that nowadays languages seem so much harder to me then qbasic was.
atleast with the event system of construct i can unleash my creativity without reading fat books
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 am

[quote="karshinkoff":er2h0sdr]remember qbasic gregbug? i used to to love it when i was 14.
shame that nowadays languages seem so much harder to me then qbasic was.[/quote:er2h0sdr]

I know, huh? I miss qbasic :(. It's really too bad there isn't an updated version of it that will run properly on modern computers and displays.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:22 am

Hi I'm Steve and I'm an Aussie.

I'm not actually a game developer but am passionate about the indie scene (for many years now) in general and like to get involved in various forums to (try and) keep abreast of it all.

I used to own a website called Planet Freeplay (I use past tense because it's no longer active and the current version is crap) and now I just do various little projects (see my sig) to let others know about so many of the excellent little free indie games that so often get missed by the hordes.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:06 pm

yes i remember qbasic ("nostalgic mode on" good old days...)

my first program was made in qbasic... :) (medical soft)

PS: congrats to scirra team for his new Construct 2!!!
B
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:02 pm

The name's Brian and I'm a would-be Indie dev still trying to find a good groove from GA, USA.

Been gaming for a long time now, Roguelikes being the best thing stumbled upon in recent times.

C2 seems to have potential on a variety of fronts, so it just may be that becomes a tool of choice going forward---time'll tell as this Alpha shakes out.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey there!
My name is Pedro, I'm brazilian and I've been using construct for almost 2 years now.
I discovered it when I was in a game development group, at my college. I had to find some way to teach 4 people with zero programming skills how to organize their thoughts so the programmers could understand and then code easier.

Construct was the best find ever and I use it ever since. Was love at first sight :lol: . Construct is the easier engine in the market, it is quite complete and C2 is even more promising. It was easy to teach them to make games by themselves.

One of my interesses is the academic carreer, teaching game design. If I succeed, Construct (probably C2) will go on with me. Please, keep up the good work, so I can keep up this dream! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi !
My name is Roland and I'm 12. I'm French, so I can't speak english very well :D I want to be Game Designer in the futur, so I like make games ! I found Scirra Construct on an another forum.

I think that's all there is to say about me :wink:
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic