The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 am

http://www.scirra.com//forum/smileys/smiley1.gif
B

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:44 pm

B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:57 pm

Hello eveyone,

Tapeside here, reading through the forum and felt obligated to at least drop in to introduce myself. Although, you can follow my blog here .
B

Post » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:43 am

Hey everyone!

I'm Paul White, I've been designing games on and off for 20 years. I started scripting using Hypercard in grade 4, that being my earliest programming experience. I am a musician, drum instructor for 8 years and a programmer.

About a year ago, me and a few designer/artist friends started up Fireskies Studios to formally release our games and other media. I was programming strictly in Javascript, VB and some Unity 3D, and was adamant about using anything else, until my friend and teammate Brent Hamel convinced me to start using C2. We've released games for iOS and Android, and we will soon be releasing PC games built in C2.

I want to be more involved in the Construct community as I believe I can learn a lot from the new technology of today but also to help others with tutorials and different programming concepts. I also find this community very friendly and energetic (and I have a general distaste for Flash!).

I hope to get to know a lot of you! Visit our website and check out my BLOG from time to time!

Paul White
Fireskies Studiospoisonpage2013-03-12 00:44:54
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:20 am

Hey guys,

Im Adam Daugherty, and Ive designed games for as long as I can remember. I used the original construct a few years ago, but switched platforms because Im running Mac machines and wanted to develop for iOS. Well, I got pretty fed up with those other platforms, so through the miracle of Parallels and a much beefier machine than I had back then... Im back to Construct!!

Anyway, I hope to learn a few names and put out some great content. Im really excited to back working with this powerful tool! Feel free to drop by my site and say hi! www.mELTINGsKYsTUDIOS.com

Adam Daugherty
mELTINGsKYsTUDIOS
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 am

Hi friends...................

welcome to this forum.........................
B

Post » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Kaj.
I'm so happy to join this amazing site in hopes of learning how to use Construct 2.
I work in transportation and I don't have a lot of time to put into learning the entire coding process, so I'm glad I've found Construct 2. I just recently bought a Macbook Pro in which I will be returning very shortly to purchase a PC instead because I'd like to download the proper Construct 2.

I have played so many games of different types and genres, fighting games & beat em' ups being my favourite.

Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Batman Arkham Series, Sleeping Dogs, Little Fighter 2 Love them ALL!

This past year or so I've been writing down some great ideas for a 2D Fighter that I'd love to put together.

I love 3D games, though I find that there is a certain beauty in 2D games that can't be taken away.
Plus, I personally believe that the game developers haven't even touched the surface of 2D Fighters, the possibilities can be mind blowing. Hopefully I'm here to change that and create newer possibilities for the next generation of gaming. Thanks for having me.
B

Post » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello! My name is Chris.

I've been testing Construct 2 and am really enjoying it so far, I am a student programmer, but have found Construct 2 to be so easy i will be hopefully be using it for a few new projects in the future, will be purchasing a license next month!

B

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am

Hi all Construct2 gurus
Im a newbie in construct2. Hope to join you guys abnd build great games.
B

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey, I too am new to this, and am looking to try and set up a nice easy game, after completing two of those tutorials.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic