The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 am

Hello, I'm Sean Noonan, a video game designer living in Montreal. I've worked at a couple of video game developers for just shy of a decade and am currently a designer at Ubisoft Montreal (Watch_Dogs).

Though I've been in the industry for some time I've never tried my hand at doing anything independently. Construct 2 seemed like a good place to start and after discovering it a month ago I can't imagine using anything else :)

I'm working on a little top down shooter called "One Day From Retirement". I blog about it here: http://onedayfromretirement.blogspot.com/

I've been delving into the Scirra Arcade to see what everyone has been putting out, and I'm pretty impressed. A lot of originality out there and a good level of polish on many of the games. Hopefully I'll finish my game and join your ranks soon :)

If anyone is interested in my Construct 2 progress or AAA news I keep a pretty up to date social networking presence on twitter, here:
http://twitter.com/seannoonan/

Or my primary blog, here:
http://noonansean.blogspot.com/Sean Noonan2013-04-03 05:20:51
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:40 am

Hey guise! I'm really glad to have moved from using Adventure Maker to Construct. My name is Jubel, I'm 17 years young in high school and ready to start developing stoofs. For my first game I really want to recreate Broadcast Satellaview Zelda as a lot of people don't know about it, and make it support multiple platforms but specifically targeting smartphones.

I'm going to try hard to find as many tutorials as I can that can teach me the basics of this program so that I could figure out how to achieve this myself without having to bother you guys too much with questions that probably already have been answered.

I don't really know what else to say. Bye!
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi!
I just bougth the personal edition and in a few hours I thinks it's great!
I'm very sure I will do a lot of things with Construct2.
I will be here for sure ;)

I will upload some tests on my site: anubisstudios.com.ar and will share here :D

Omegalpha2013-03-23 12:27:53
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 am

Where do I start...

OK, I'm a Sr. developer working for a small company in Redmond, WA (I'm sure you have heard of it, starts with a "M") ;)

Been doing code forever (over 30 years) but mostly in the areas of medical and business software. For personal fun I have built a number of Windows Phone and Windows 8 apps but more in the areas of reference and learning. I decided to try my hand at games after a person turned me onto Construct 2. Playing with it and Spriter (which I just purchased) I find it fascinating and personally I am impressed by how gamers come up with some of the ideas and art they come out with (I am neither a gamer nor artist so this is all very new to me).

In any case my wife is a pianist and some of the kids she teaches have suggested I build a game and liking a challenge I am going to make a go of it (expect lots of questions).

I've come up to the general scenario (which will be a platform game) and we'll see where it goes ;)

TTFN,
Ken
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:40 am

Hello everyone!
I am using CC and there are lots of things to learn.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:15 am

Greetings, Hello World!

I am Aria Enggar, from Bandung, Indonesia. Pleasure to meet you all.
Let me get all of you people's knowldege about Construct 2.

Currently I'm using Construct 2 free edition.

:)
B

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:02 pm

B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 am

Greetings and Salutations

As a game development team member for several years and a frequent Newgrounder - I've picked up Construct2 in response to the contest they're putting on to make a 'touch' game using the system.

I'm highly impressed with the power as I've been able to produce a skeleton prototype and have it running on several mobile devices in just as many clicks.

Definitely looking forward to learning more about this platform :D
B

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 am

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME SOME GOOD IDEAS FOR A GAME??????
im new to scirra.com and am still figuring out the basics of construct 2!!
i would appreciae it if somebody helped me out with game ideas or how to make a game.

thnx. ronyboysingh
B

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 am

hey guys

Edit (After years): Lol nice introducing :p
Last edited by bilgekaan on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic