The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

Not really, I'm interested in art in general (for exemple, I play harmonica and guitar), and to create video games is the best way to touch at everything, and to include my knowledges in psychology. I think I juste love to learn stuffs !
Nevertheless, I may be interested in an ergonomy school, that may conduct to a game designer job, but it's a bit optimistic :p
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm

[quote:1ziheey9]Not really, I'm interested in art in general (for exemple, I play harmonica and guitar), and to create video games is the best way to touch at everything, and to include my knowledges in psychology.[/quote:1ziheey9]

psychology concepts in video games? i am waiting for your games then... :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 pm

there is so much more then psychology in games, a game is one of the finest forms of entertainment. everything you look, feel and hear changes your future as you are influenced by the game
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm mainly talking about good controls, HUD, learning curve, etc, but yeah, a gameplay based on concepts should be promising to :p I'll think about it !
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am

Hi everyone! I have been lurking about for a bit now, and thought I would introduce myself!! i am David from USA ,Ak,Anchorage,nice to meet you,hope to know more about you.......
B
G

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 pm

hi I'm matt from the uk love retro gaming and regular gaming, guess I just want to say hi to you all great community
B
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:55 pm

So many new users! Just blows my poor mind :) welcome!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 am

Sagal, anything above 5% vol. would blow your poor mind ;p
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello constructor,

My name is Jordan (since Jordan is always used everywhere I came up with Djordhan which isn't used anywhere :P). I live in Quebec, Canada. I'm 26 and I started playing videogames on the NES, then moved to computer since I couldn't afford a PlayStation :(

Since then, I've been looking around to make some games I started with Duke Nukem 3D mod then began to learn 3D modeling.

I studied in 2D/3D Animation for videogames then found a job at Ubisoft as a game tester. I spent 5 years working at Ubisoft. During those years I learnt a lot about videogame development and I started to develop some myself. I used Blender for a while to make a Tank Simulator (you're alone in an empty water tank, its pitch black and there's nothing you can do about it). Pretty awesome I tell you.

Now that I found Construct. Well I know Construct.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Welcome aboard, good sir! I hope Construct suits your needs.

Always cool to have an industry insider try to start off on his own.

If you're interested in 3D, I do know of some tutorials in Construct, so you'd have to check Jamesx's tutorial collection topic in the Tutorial section.
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic