The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun May 15, 2011 10:21 am

Hi all!

I got interested in creating a game and looked around vaguely for easy, non programming oriented software. I played Iconoclasts and discovered Construct through Konjak's blog (http://www.konjak.org) and here I am!

I live in Malaysia (I'm French, though) and do product, exhibition and interior design for a living. I started playing games with Space Quest and Carrier Command, never really stopped since, and I felt like crossing the line since quite some time... but never really got the courage/time/motivation to step in.

I am planning to create a story-driven 2d platformer, and see where it goes from there. I rather inform you first, as I have never done this before, and I am very likely to come back with plenty of very stupid questions, being totally programming impaired ^^

So I'll go read around, try this platformer school thing and come back very fast. Nice meeting you!
...but this is mostly psychological. Check my devlog
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Althought I've been on a few weeks now, I thought it would be good if I introduced by myself. My name is Adam Covington, I'm 14, soon to be 15 on May 26th. I run my own indie "studio" (my room and laptop) Almost Insane Software. I didn't call it Almost Insane Games because I also make applications. I've always had trouble getting people's attention but I hope some people will join my forums on my website which is in my sig. So far this has been a good community, better then Gamedev.net :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Hey I'm Shawn. I'm a music composer, I like to draw, write stories, and I was interested in Game Development after taking a class about it in my freshman year in high school. My first program was Game Maker, and that was certainly a fun experience. However, trying to make a game took too long for me to make. So I was real lazy about the whole development of my game "Pulse's Antivirus" (Look it up on YouTube) I first saw Construct on this site called Pixel Prospector, a game called "The Iconoclasts" was being developed with it. After researching further, I found it was my type of program. So I downloaded it, learned a lot of the basics, and decided to use it as my main development program! I'm really a fan of platformer game, primarily of the SNES and Genesis days, which didn't really get me into game development, but got me into music composing. I've done that for about 2 years now
Example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zk9YtRsTKI)
I also love to draw, and mixing all this together I feel game development is just creative happiness with every aspect, and Construct is really making me realize that dream. I started a new game, called "New Horizons" a short platformer with big areas to explore (Much like the level designs of my favorite platformer game series, Turrican) and development of that is really coming along nicely. So yeah, I'm sure I'll enjoy the community, and Construct for the time being, and hope to make many games in the long run!
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 3:52 am

Melodious, you've got some really great original music on your channel. I subbed 'yah! :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey all,
Been using construct for a little while now. Seems to be that Construct 2 is going to be even more epic, figured I'd join the forums.

I think what I want to try and do with the program is make an RPG. I'm not entirely sure if it is possible, but anything close to it, I would be happy.

Let me know if you wanna help! I need all of it!
Ready to Jumpstart with Construct 2? Check out my website:
https://www.jerementor.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 am

Hi!! I am Rica and I am glad to be here.:)
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Friend,
From India, i m also new here!
B
G

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 am

Greetings all new-comers.

If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:52 pm

@Kavin: Hey mate, I am from India too. Hello!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:03 am

Hi everyone!
Taiki here ,I've been using Contruct for a bit now, and thought it was to time to come and say hi ,so nice to meet all of you!
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic