The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey! My name is Oscar, I'm 15 and would like to start game development. I have a range of original and less original (remakes) ideas that I would love to come to life..

I'm still not sure between GameMaker and Construct; yeh I said it but I think Construct is friendlier (although I am worried about the limits from its simplicity....)

Anyway I'd love to hear from anyone if they would recommend this over GameMaker.. thanks!

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi guys, I'm Nuno and I'm from Portugal!

I'm really amazed with the power of Construct 2! I've used many game engines through the time, and this one, made me dream to become a game developer again.

For what I already have seen, the community seems to be the best, giving a huge support.

I just want to thank the guys responsible for this amazing tool, I know your only two, and it's freaking crazy!

Next time, when I get back to London I'll buy you guys a pint!

Keep up the good work, and Hellooo community ^^

I hope I can share with you my future games and make new friends around here!

Post » Sun May 26, 2013 11:33 pm

My name is Adam, I've always loved video games. I love making games, but I've never actually made a finished game good enough to let anyone else play (yet!). I like retro style games the most, probably because I grew up playing SNES and N64. I'm not sure what else to say, except that I love cats because they're awesome.

Post » Mon May 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Construct Team,

I am big fan of your work. I have tried to make some games using your tool. No one ever appreciated in my work ever in life. But here I came to share what I learnt from you. I have tried to make games based on touch and drag and drop. As of now there are only few examples based on these features which I came across in construct 2(may be I am not so good in searching examples ;) ). Bcz sharing is caring I too want to share.

Post » Mon May 27, 2013 2:12 pm

I have tried to create this small game using tilting action of device+touch to kick the ball and drag & drop feature to move blue arrow to set the target.

Post » Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey everybody, I have been around for a month and just now getting around to this. My name is Mark and I am a developer. I have one game and one Name generator app on Google Play. I am trying to find a good platform to create cross platform puzzle games. I think I may have found it here. My company is called codeHammer Productions. I am close to finishing my first game here which will be available for windows 8 and win phone.

Post » Mon May 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi All, I'm Andrew Martin,3,1 a casual game developer from Hertfordshire, England.

My best game at the moment is Machinarium on PC and I would love to see C2 used in XBone development...

I started out on C2 last weekend and almost have a prototype already. I am from a marketing and PR background, but was not happy with how my career would progress over the next 20 years.

So now I am following my dream to be a part of the best industry in the world!

"A wise grasshopper once said to me that if you find a job you like you will never work a day in your life!"

So that's' what I'm doing!

I have been using Game maker with a view to going pro and launching my first platformer later this year.

HOWEVER, after just a week with C2 i'm glad I did not buy the GM license and fully intend to move forward with C2 on my current project.

Maybe I'm biased because I want to bring back Britsoft part 2, but also knowing Scirra is based less than 50 miles from me helps, as I know where you work.....Just kidding!

Good luck to any and all indie's out there!

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 am

hi, i am john doe ( sorry need to keep confidential for the time being )

i intend to make a MOO lookalike
still playing it after all these years

so far all the x4 successor sucks
too much pictures and no brains
or too much dumb activities and no joy

i hope to make a bare bones minimum infinite playable moo
where the AI can really kick arse

and then later to flesh out with pictures and activities ( can do with help here )

also let me know what we should include in our new MOO
to be called EOTS ( emperor of a thousand Suns )

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Hey there!

I try to keep this short...

I am a professional graphics artist since the late 90ies. I also have a passion for the demoscene
since 94 ( Acryl of Scoopex/Acme/Legend Design/Haujobb/Session/Illusion/Abyss ).
Been doing some illustrations for Megadeth in the past.
Singing in the power metal act Warhead (Germany).

I actually got in contact with construct 2 via the polycount forum (lurker).

This sums it up I guess :)

rock on,

Return to Open Topic