The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey everyone!

I've been waiting for this thread to pop up!

I'm just an aspiring indie game designer/developer, I'm from Colombia, so that's why my english can look weird sometimes.

I Love retro stuff, 8-Bit and such. My current game is a Zombie survival adventure with lowfi graphics (just because you have to love blocky pixels)

Here's a mockup:

(click for the full image)

Also, THANK YOU Construct devs, you're developing an awesome tool :D
B
G

Post » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 am

those graphics seem fair awesome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:33 am

Hello my name is Gabe and I am not so good with computers.

I am training to be an animator (for movies) but I enjoy making games in my free time, even if I am not very good at it. My brother and dad are both programmers, but I just can't get the hang of code because I am bad with numbers! I grew up with click n' play and mmf, though so I am able to use those. I read that my favorite MMF developer Konjak, had switched to using Construct, and so I decided to check it out. The skeleton movement in particular appealed to me because it would make making bosses a lot easier.

I am still learning Construct and havin some problems but I'm doin my best.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:48 pm

[quote="kingkibble":3qxqx19j]Hello my name is Gabe and I am not so good with computers.

I am training to be an animator (for movies) but I enjoy making games in my free time, even if I am not very good at it. My brother and dad are both programmers, but I just can't get the hang of code because I am bad with numbers! I grew up with click n' play and mmf, though so I am able to use those. I read that my favorite MMF developer Konjak, had switched to using Construct, and so I decided to check it out. The skeleton movement in particular appealed to me because it would make making bosses a lot easier.

I am still learning Construct and havin some problems but I'm doin my best.[/quote:3qxqx19j]

Welcome to the boards :)

Sing out if you need any help, that's what we are here for!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Hello, My name is Mario. I am 15 years old and I'm from a small country named lebanon. I am a CG artist, with a passion for games. I have litterally tried more than a hundred game engine, and I have to say, in 2d category, Construct is the absolute winner. I have been lurking in the forums for quite a while, and have already learned the greatness of dropbox from slodjahboy :D I am currently working as the artist on two game projects, have on of my own planned in construct, have my website to build, and lots of other fun stuff. Hopefully i'll post here some more, and finish my game :D
B
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:05 am

Hey, I'd like to say "I've been here for a long time and need no introduction" but I'm too much an honest person for that.

My name's Tristan, I'm 18 as of June 4th and that happens to be legal drinking age here in Australia so I'm just sobering up enough to relearn Construct!

I have to say that you guys on the dev team have done some damn good work since I've been gone - sprite distortion and pseudo-3D stuff, the physics are a lot more stable (physics-stable) than they were last time I used them (just after the first upgrade, although I haven't REALLY used Construct in over a year), Families now work for me (hell yes no more groups of 24 triggers for every single object) and I'm sure a lot of stuff to boot!

So last night I redownloaded, sat down, toyed about a bit, did what I always do (how quickly can you create nine different objects with physics behaviours set up? I bet I'm faster! I have a lot of practice at that) and found that now Families work it's much easier. Not to mention I've learned Torquescript to a decent extent now so I understand the general principles of things much better.

Well I have to say it's good to be back. I'm sure I'll be able to pump out some fairly fun things over the next few days, and I'm currently experimenting with custom UI so that will be useful (Thanks, deadeye - that tutorial helped a hell of a lot.)

[size=25:34z14y97]And I still rant and make longwinded semi-useless posts! Some people never change.[/size:34z14y97]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Hey guys, I didn't even realise that I completely skipped over the introductions thread before I'd made my first posts here. So;

Howdy all. My name is Dylan, I"m currently 25, and it seems I'm yet another aussie Construct user (I've noticed there are quite a few of us about here), and glad to be here.

I can't remember with 100% surety exactly where I first discovered Construct, but I do believe it was over on the TIGSource forums. Programming and the like is far from my strong spot, and I spent quite a lot of time over on those forums checking out all the different programs people were using to create games, and checking them all out to see if I could get my head around them. Construct happened to pop up in a thread, and I checked it out, and I was able to come out with something, compared to my usual "bah I can't work this out bugger it!" routine.

I say, you guys have certainly found the right formula for making Construct a strong games creation tool; it's simple enough to just dive straight in, and you are rewarded for your effort very quickly.

I've lurked on the forums for a while now, and have only recently signed myself up, and am glad I have. I've already learned so much from the many tutorials and examples scattered throughout these forums, and I hope one day someone can come across my works and learn from me.

Can't really think of anything else, so I'll leave it at that.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Welcome to all noo.. new commerce :D
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:06 pm

My name's Thomas, i'm working as a cinematic artist over at Blizzard Entertaiment, but got interested in indie games about a year ago. And now I use Construct to create my own 2d game named 'Sein'.

I like chocolate. And sundaes.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:10 pm

[quote="thomasmahler":3anwka15]My name's Thomas, i'm working as a cinematic artist over at Blizzard Entertaiment, but got interested in indie games about a year ago. And now I use Construct to create my own 2d game named 'Sein'.

I like chocolate. And sundaes.[/quote:3anwka15]

Wohoho. Have i seen your work?
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic