The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi, im Andrius.
im from brazil and new here, i will post good games and tutorials when i have, wait for it.

B
G

Post » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi, my name is Jacob.

I've only dicked around with the trial version of Construct 2, but I am enormously impressed. It reminds me of the old Klick 'n Play game creator except not visually repellant and substantially easier to use. I was able to produce a very simple sidescrolling game with a win condition in about a half hour and then distribute it to a friend (HTML5) with exactly ZERO reference material, having never used the app ever before. I cannot exaggerate how cool that is.

If you dream of one day making video games for a living, and you're actually serious about it unlike the vast majority of barkers, you would be a complete fool to not at least give Construct 2's free trial a go.

For those who are serious and wonder how legit this app really is, well, 100%. I guarantee you can make profitable mobile games in relatively no time with Construct 2.

This is your foot in the door; if you don't take it, your future failures will be your own damn fault.

Great product, and even with whatever deficiencies it may have, what it allows you to do is so above and beyond anything thing else at this level that I give it an easy 5 stars for awesome.
B

Post » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 am

Hai my name is mani..

I am newone to this forum..
B

Post » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi my name is Jon..

looking forward to developing some games on here...

my love of games started with asteroids at age 8..pulling all nighters, playing non stop.. then I graduated to the C64 where I did some coding, ran a BBS called Creator's Cavern..yes I was a teenage sysop.. those were the good ole days.. My favorite game on C64 was "Lord's of Conquest"..oh and "Overlord" among many others.. when I got older I bought my first 386 and loved "Out of This World", "Hyperspeed" and Star Trek 25th anniversary... from then on I always continued to upgrade PCs (Master of Orion is my all-time favorite game) until one day I bought my first console, the N64..it was cool, but it didn't really take the place of my PC. But after I did get the PS2, then Orig xbox, and onto the 360 while my computer collected dust and couldn't run anymore games... I recently started playing games on my mac, but it's not the same. I did get a PC a few years back but that was soley for work at my studio and not really for gaming. :(

My other passion is music and I was always stopped cold when some cool music would come on during a game.. my favorites game soundtracks: Homeworld (PC), Baldurs's Gate (PC), Overlord (C64), Masters of Magic(C64), Ico (PS2), Mass Effect 3(360) and the list goes on...

although these days my gaming is waning a bit.. probably because I've now gone over to the otherside of wanting to create games (and other stuff).. so in a sense, making games is kind of like gaming to me...

Currently I do music professionally and always score music for a game whenever I can. However, I am much more interested in the creative development of games and working with people that are excited about making something great. (it's not easy to find!)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi my name is JB.

Being a web developer slash database programmer, it's very challenging but quite fun looking forward to develop games using Construct 2.

I'm inlove with Construct 2 the moment my eyes glimpsed on it. I watch tutorials and seems pretty addictive.

This is huge as I see it.

Windows 8 Store, Android and IOS Platform, with a dose of PHP and MySQL packed with supportive communities. Couldn't ask for more.

More power to all of us.

See you in the Arena.
B

Post » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello,

I'm a Graphic Design student from Rio, Brazil and some weeks ago I decided to learn Construct 2 so that I can create games by myself.
B
G

Post » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Hello!
I am new to this! And i like it.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Greetings from Germany!
I'm very happy to be here. I liked Construct 2 so much I went ahead and purchased it.
What a great bunch of people... The team at Scirra and everyone in the forum. Special thanks to @Tom
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm John, just found out about the introduction thread. So far using Construct 2 has been an amazing experience. I'm very grateful to have active developers along with a supportful community. Like everyone, I'm guilty of occasionally thinking there's a glitch in C2 when its something I did wrong or didn't understand.

Anyway... Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:09 pm

...Hey!
I Just discovered after a year that you can officially introduce yourself! I like making games and doing graphic design, perhaps I can marry up the two subjects!?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic