The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi My name is Ben
Im very new to game Making.
Never done anything like this before but wanted to try it out!
So far i have made the basic ghost shooter game and was very fun to do! I would like to know what else i can make/do within he free version of construct 2 to see how much i can do within my limits and to see how easy it is for ME to progress as an absolute newbie to this!! any suggestions much appreciated!! thanks Ben
B

Post » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 am

Hello Im Thama :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Hello everyone ^^ Will soon be getting stuck in with C2 and the community. I'm coming over from the flash sponsorship market where I was quite successful. I have quite a lot of experience with AS3, so I'm hoping that picking up the events in C2 will easy enough.

It looks like the ideal toolset, as I want to move away from coding and focus more on design, narrative and art.

If anyone has any advice to getting started, I would really appreciate it!

B
S

Post » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 pm

I am latch.

Behold my magical nerd powers.

See how I nerdily emote:
B

Post » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi all! I'm Immanuela and I started making games a couple of months ago.

My main motivation was when I entered a Game store and there was lots of advertising for the new OUYA console. When I read that players could develop their own games for it, I considered the idea of making my own game.

I started on Java and Eclipse and finished my first game. The I hit a wall when I couldn't get it to play outside of Eclipse. I gave up on it until I remembered reading about logic based game makers that didn't require code. I went with Construct 2 because it received the best review and it turned out to be the best decision I made. The game that I got stuck with in Eclipse was quickly recreated in Construct 2 and can now be played!

Nevada City Gold Rush - Play now!

I've recently discovered game making competitions and entered my first Ludum Dare:

Ghost Pirate's Ship of Treasures - Play now!

I like this product so I intend to stick to it as long as it meets my needs.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi all, I'm John and reside in the UK. I have loved gaming ever since I can remember and the idea of building something from scratch is something I've pondered as long as I can remember.

I came across this site after a bit of googling and it looks like a great starting point.

I'll be using this site to hopefully get some feedback on my ventures and maybe even give something back once I have a little bit more experience.

John
B

Post » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:24 pm

HELLO GUYS!
I'll try to make a beautiful game :*

See you
I'll share this video on my channel on YouTube

B

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 am

Hi, I'm ReanimatedNerd (mis-spelled my username when registering... ha) I'm 28 from Swansea, UK. Really into RPG's, and hoping to make a decent game for Android.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:08 am

I am 13 years old and I'm working on a game that's called "Zombie Football!" to help raise funds for a friend of mine that had brain surgery when he was younger.

It's really simple at the moment, (trying to keep it under 100 events) if you draw a line the player follows it.

Zombie football players (the opposing team) are running at you and the point of the game is to draw a path to avoid them and if necessary, kill them by throwing a football at them.

The proceeds go to Rady Children's hospital. If any of you guys could help out to make it a better game, it would be great! I'm kind of swamped at the moment & need help. :)

Here's the link to the .capx file on Github: https://github.com/cadepretorius/ZombieFootball

Maybe it would be cool if the football acted like a boomerang and came back to the player.

Adding a "Donate" button that links to www.brick-brainresearchincancerkids.org would also be great.

As I said before, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Cade
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic