The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:08 am

Hello All!

I just joined Construct 2 and am hoping to develop some prototypes with it or possibly use it to make a whole game. I am currently teaching myself programming and have dabbled a little on the artwork side of things. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks i might have something worth showing everyone.

~Tyler J.

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:02 am

Hi Everybody,

I am Lo and I am 32.

I am playing game since I am a kid.
I started playing on a Spectrum, back then games where on audio tapes and when you started loading your game (by typing load "") you could play outside, play a board game, doing your homework,... before your game was loaded.
Games were simple and very hard at the same time.
Simple because it was rather basic with no complex rules and heavy scenarios
Very hard because you could not save your game and always had to start from the beginning when you 'died'.

Then my dad had laptop at work,... a Toshiba 3200. This looks way more like a big suitcase than like a real laptop. It was monochrome (orange) and had a 4 Mb of RAM and I had 9Mb harddrive to install games.
This was a real blast compared to the Spectrum I played on before.

Than computer got more powerfull and I kinda followed the PC evolution.

I am not really a console player, rather a PC one. I had a gameboy and really enjoyed it, but I am more a 'keyboard/mouse' kind of player than gamepad one.

I like a lot of different kind of games, but I think my favorites are trun based ones. I like the fact that I can take my time to play and that I don't have to rush into the game.
Now that I am older it's even more true. I don't have as much time to play and since I've got three kids I am also more likely to be disturb while playing. So I really like games I can pause , save, stop and start back when I have time.

I am a web developper and I dev some games during my free time.
I made some web based games and want to start building multiplatform ones now.
Construct2 sounds like a very good option for me. It allows me to use a tool that avoids to redo everything from scratch and reinvent the wheel everytime. It also gives me the oportunity to deploy my game on several plateform without having to learn each plateform language.
Since my time is also limited Construct can allow me to get to a result faster.

I followed some tutorials and start learning the tool. I bought a personal licence now to have the full power of Construct2. I now need to spend time to learn how to achive the games I'd like to release.
I am probably gonna be a pain in the a** with all the questiosn I'll post in this forum :)

I hope to be good enough to be able to gather all the ideas I've got in my head and make finalized games out of them.

Thanks everybody for the help I already got and thanks for the futur help :)

If you have any further question don't hesitate to contact me ;)

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Hello everybody!

My Name is Vonn and i'm from Philippines. I am a newbie game programmer (knows a little bit with game programming) but i'm a certified hardcore gamer. This software... well i find this promising! I wish i could share my games with anybody!

Godspeed to the creator of this application and to all who supports this project!

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey! I've been programming with Lua using another SDK for about 6 months now, found this software a few days ago and honestly wish I'd found it sooner!

I have a long, long list of games I intend to make and with the speed of development and variety of platforms this software can handle(as opposed to just mobile), it's like a dream come true!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi! My name is Tracy, I am new to programming. I took Web design in college and learned the basics of HTML. Now I'm hoping to learn Construct 2 and I'll probably go on to learn other programming languages, but my focus is graphic design.

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 am

Hello Everyone

I am new i hope to learn alot and able to do my own game as i always have wanted.

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 am

Its our first post I think.. Hi all!

Firstly, thank you Scirra, such a wonderfully fun program!!
As teens, we were messing around with an old program called Klik & Play.
Here we are over a decade later and you have brought us a truly awesome development application.

We ourselves are having a lot of fun with C2, we hope to bring you stuff to show in the future.
A bit of a plug, we also have creative services available at reasonable prices, if anyone is in need of some low cost, high value graphics, please get in touch.

Cheers all,

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi All,

I've been playing with Construct for a little while, making the odd prototype, etc, but have just recently made the decision to work on a fully realised project with it. Because of this I thought I would get involved with the forum and meet some other budding developers!

I actually work in the game industry in a non-development capacity (marketing to be precise), but I'm working to build up a portfolio of work that can help me move over into design eventually, so I'm looking to work with some other people, join some game jams and ultimately put together some projects of my own at the same time. I look forward to chatting with many of you in the future!

Post » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 am

Greetings Scirra community,

Im based in New Zealand... Christchurch to be exact. Excited about finding the game creator product. Will have a go now at making a game as a tester.

Post » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:33 am

Hello all,

Long time game enthusiast here with minor dabbling in programming. Also wanted to get into making games as a side project and recently stumbled across Construct 2.

I was so delighted to find it and I worked through the first two tutorials before just jumping in and trying to make my very own first game.

So far I'm having a blast and look forward to participating in the forums.

Return to Open Topic