The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Oi, this is here too.
Googled my butt here.

Hi Im Lennaert, I've been a webdeveloper for php based systems for years and been applying javascript and jquery a lot.
Got myself an ict background too, so know lots about ins and outs of services and their servers.

Made a switch to construct last week , stuffs looking good and development going fine.

Cyall around

Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Hey guys/gals! I'm ionux and I've been a gamer and professional developer for 20 years now but just getting into game creation. I've mostly been working in web app development with PHP and desktop apps with C on Linux and .Net tools on Windows. I wrote a Pong clone a few years back to try my hand at it but it wasn't until I downloaded Construct 2 and built a pretty fun game in just a few hours that I realized how amazing this tool is. I mean, I literally followed the basic tutorial to get a working top-down shooter going and then went off on my own adding more effects, music and sound. Way too much fun! Made me feel excited again to be a programmer! Just purchased a Personal license!

Soooo, having said all of that, I've got some great ideas that I want to work on and would love to collaborate with some of the talented graphic artists here. I'm a registered Windows 8 Phone dev and would like to sell some games on their app store and, possibly, go from there into other app stores.

Well, long first post... sorry about that! Just super excited to be here and to work with you guys. The forums have already been a great help when I was looking up audio import procedures.

-ionux
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:01 pm

I just realized that in spite of being on the forums off and on for nearly a year, I've never posted an introduction :O

I'm Wertle, and I've been a professional game developer for ~5 years now, working primarily in the AAA space. Before working in games, I worked in the theater, worked as a web app developer (back when a web app was something made with PHP and mysql), and did general art and computer science type things.

I learned about Construct 2 from this blog post on a developer blog to which I contribute. I use Construct 2 primarily for fast prototyping and for doing game jams and personal side projects, where getting an idea up and running fast is really important and where this program shines. I have a personal license and also convinced my company to get a business license to use it as a prototyping tool among other things.

Happy to be here!
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:24 am

Hi,

I'm Jessak.

After working as a QA Lead on AAA games, I moved back to my first passion; web programming. I'm more used to PHP, but I've started python classes on Coursera 3 weeks ago. Since we are developping mini-games during this course, I started thinking about creating my own game.

I was wondering which engine/framework/language I should use, and then I found Construct 2.

I'm about to start using it and hopefully, it will fill my needs (and who knows, maybe you will find my game on steam one day :).

See ya!
B

Post » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:49 am

B

Post » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm bolshybeef! I've been spending a fair amount of time over the past few years teaching myself how to program, finishing (and not finishing) a few projects here and there.

I found out about Construct2 while looking around for a good IDE to use to make 2d games with - I was considering Unity for a while, but this seems much more suited for what I want to do while being more efficient with my time.

Thanks!
B

Post » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 am

Hello, I'm a college programming student!
B

Post » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Hello, i'm from argentina and i'm not studying nothing related to programming, games or this stuff, but it's and interesting hobby for me!
B

Post » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello!

I'm here to check if Construct 2 can actually be a professional tool for building games :)
B

Post » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:36 am

hi i am nik. i am 10 years old
learning to make games in c2 nikandkin2013-10-22 08:57:18
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic