The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:50 am

Hi guy's I'm new to construction 2 and sciarra.
I've made a game and making a new one and I'd like to say "Hi"
sO HI.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 am

Hi,
I'm fuzzball45. I am currently a senior at a 4 year University. I am majoring in economics with a minor in poli-sci. I have always wanted to make a game for android/iphone, and construct 2 is a way for me to do that. I just recently started with the program and am trying to learn everything I can.

See you around!
B

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 am

the names is crystal, that's all you need to know.
B

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Hello!!

I am an intermediate level coder who has not published work yet. I am hoping Construct 2 will help me change that!
B

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Hmm...this is some good stuff for us lazy to program a game via coding programmer...

hm? oh wait, i'm on stage? oh sh--

*slaps own's face*

Hi there!

Kanosaki here! I just got my Construct 2 license today!

I heard about this 'Construct 2' workstation from some microsoft event in my university, and i got so interested in it (thanks to that event) that I actually shoved my lazy fingers to introduce myself here x !

Be prepared to see games created from ideas originated from my dreams...or nightmare! (finally i get to put those "Overthinking ideas before sleep" to work)
B

Post » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm

*adjusts his pirate hat*
Yaarrrr, i be a pirate, sailing the internets and savin' money for the day when i shall stop being so frugal for a minute and buy the license i desire so i can sell games...
Just passing through. Now give me my bronze, ye' dog!
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi everyone. I've been around for a couple months but I haven't really introduced myself. I'm really enjoying the community and working on my first game! I want to thank everyone for all the help everybody has offered along the way as well. I want to be able to do the same as I learn.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 am

Heya guys! I'm new here in game dev industry, I'm actually a level designer and a game artist trying to expand my knowledge about the more "technical" stuff. Nice to meet you all and hope we can learn something form each other!
B

Post » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi there. I like the feel of this forum.

I am on a learning curve from zero but have to start somewhere.    
B

Post » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:17 pm

PixelHero here!

I'm a professional developer (C# and WPF, though I end up supporting legacy C++ applications a lot where I am), and a hobbyist game developer.

As a kid, I always though making a game would be fun, but I never really looked at the games industry as I got older. Waaay back I used DarkBasic (back before they had Pro), although that never really amounted to anything. Then I dabbled in XNA, and finished the only game I've ever really made: a clone of Arcomage from Might and Magic VII and VIII, though it used the original art assets, so I was never able to release it. But It was actually a complete game, including an AI opponent with fairly complex rules as to how it would play. It even won sometimes.   

Then I dabbled in Unity (before they had a built in 2d toolkit), which is a natural fit for me since I really enjoy working in C#, and I have a fairly large bag of tricks there. But it just... never really worked with 2D for me. I tried a couple of 2D toolkits, and they help with the atlasses, but I just found it difficult to make 2D games with it.

So even though I know programming, and it at times is difficult for me to set aside my OOP training, I find myself having fun in Construct2 and actually continuing to develop my ideas. Which is a novel concept for me. :-)

Oh, and I STINK at art and assets.   I can do 3D sculptures (I use sculptris) though, so maybe I should make some digital boardgames....   hmmm

Sorry, I have yet another idea I need to write down...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic