The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:28 am

Well, I never did really introduce myself. Of course, I've only been here for a short while.

I'm Drew from West Virginia.

I recently decided to get into game making because it seemed like it would be a good fit for my skills. I majored in art in college, I play keyboard, and I am good with computers (though programming is my least favorite part), so it seemed like a field I would do well in.

I've already posted my art in the art thread. I hope to post a screenshot or two from my first major game soon. This project will probably take a few months. Most of that will be getting things set up and learning. Hopefully later I'll have C2 down and be proficient in everything I need to do so I can just concentrate on doing the work.

Of course, I figure I'll always be learning something new to better myself and make improvements.

So far, I've mainly been following tutorials and getting things set up. I set up Photoshop as best I could for pixel art, I have collected a ton of art and references. I have videos and gifs of video games for reference (such as animations). Right now, I'm just practicing and trying out some ideas. I already have my first major project started. I'm just easing into it slowly.

You should be hearing more from me soon once I get a bit more done on my game!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 am

?????? ????
B

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi everyone.

I am an indie developer and have experience leaning more towards 3D design. I have made a few games in my time and have made more 3D models than I care to think about. I really like the look of this engine.

I look forward to speaking to more like minded developers in the future.

My name is Jay and I reside in sunny little England.

Oh, on a side note, how well does this engine handle 3D objects?

Cheers

Jay.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi
I'm a teacher/lecturer in Games Design. I currently teach level 2 and 3 BTEC Creative Media - Game Design and Film, and I also teach OCR iMedia creative media games design.
I will be using Construct 2 and my students will be joining this site to post on the forums about their progress.

Chris
B

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

HELLO IM A ATIKIN STUDENT
B

WAGWAN BLUD
B

Hi im one of mr atkins students
B