The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello!

I'm interested in making HTML5 mobile games. Been using Construct 2 for a few days and I love it. I've tried other engines but C2 is exactly what I wanted.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Please delete my account
Last edited by Anonymous4 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
B

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:22 am

Hello world!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi Im Matt,
Ive been reading peoples intros in this Post, really cool!
When I was growing up I was fascinated with the SNES and a Mega Drive, and like a lot of us I loved Mario Bros and Sonic. Later I had an Amiga and tried making games with Shoot-em-up Construction Kit (that was a great program!)
Im a trained Animator and I am very nostalgic about the 8bit and 16bit era of games.
I have been working on 2 games in Construct. One of them is available on Scirra Arcade as a 2 Level demo. Check out this Link. Or check out the game card below (Comments are very welcome!)

I find Construct 2 to be the best game maker around, I love the Condition and Action Event sheets. Ive learnt a lot in the past year about the building blocks of game mechanics. My real passion is graphics and animation, but I need my games to work!

Here's a screenshot from my game Monster Bash

Cheers
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 am

Hello everyone! My name is Joshua, but I have used the online handle 'Melwing' for years now and am more used to responding to that than my "real name" at this point, so let's stick with Melwing! :)

Firstly, I would feel wrong if I didn't mention that I'm a freshly minted dad- my girlfriend and I have a nearly 4-month old daughter who is an absolute joy. I'm lucky to get to stay home with her.

I'm a life-long gamer (I'm 30), starting with the Arcade and an Atari 7800 (but mostly 2600 games), then SNES, 64, Gamecube, and then most of the modern systems along the way except PlayStation. I have nothing truly against Sony I just never got around to getting any of them. Favorite console? I'd have to say a 3-way tie between 7800/SNES/XBOX 360. Favorite game? Mmm.... Overall? Galaga, closely followed by Donkey Kong Country and the Mass Effect games.

I have been tinkering around with various game development studios for the past year trying to find the one that's the right fit for me. GameSalad, Stencyl, Multimedia Fusion 2 all had features I liked but just didn't click. But then came Construct 2. I can't say specifically what it is, but I just know, after 3 or 4 days of tinkering, that this is the one.

I am so glad that I found Construct 2, and am very grateful to Scirra for making such a featured free version available. I am learning very quickly and am VERY MUCH looking forward to continuing devoting my days to caring for my little bundle and burying my nose in Construct 2 making the games of my dreams.
B

Post » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:32 am

Hello! This is me Binay i am expecting some help in Construct 2 as i am not being able to design certain things for my game so i want HELP! But i have not been able to find any help so please help me sort my issue. Good day people!
B

Post » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Greetings Constructors!

Just a few words about me:

I'm a 28 year old fellow from Hungary. I'm a graduate college student, I work in a cafe specializing in premium chocolates, hot chocolates. I'm a big fan of sci-fi PC games, strategy board games and tabletop roleplaying games. I was a user of Multimedia Fusion 2 for quite a few years. Emphasis on "was".

I just bought Construct 2 personal license after experimenting with it for several weeks (or months? time flies with this programme) :) and I have to admit: I immediately fell in love with Construct 2. I was getting tired of the probably well-known issues of MMF2. Christmas is here so my family's present will be Construct 2 for me :) The code will be waiting under the Tree.

What to expect from me: on one of Clickteam's forums someone named it Big Game Fever. I have it and have no excuse. Starting big games to never finish them because of lack of knowledge or limitations of the creator app. I'm trying to cure this disease with moderate success. Hope Construct 2 will be the antidote.

Thank you Scirra for making the virtual world a better place. :)

Looking forward working with you guys and girls:
DawnbringerDawnbringer2013-12-21 16:23:55
B

Post » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello, I just got into Construct and it seems fun.
Glad to be here!
B

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:18 am

Hello,

I am so much glad to join this forum and curious to learn and making new friends here.
B

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi all !!

I'm new to construct 2. Previously (many years ago) dabbled in 6502 assembly (c64), 68000 (amiga), and on pc blitz basic, dark basic (+pro), ethos basic, play basic etc. Used to write game music on c64, Amiga, and pc. Had several musics used in commercial software over the years and had my fair share used in freeware titles and remakes. Haven't done any coding (or music) for many years. Hoping to reignite my creativity with construct 2 and eventually buy a licence.

Cheers,

Steve

Doncaster, UK

B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic