The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi, my name is Filipe and i'm from Brasil.
I'm new in GameDev also on Construct.
I read some tutorials and start to do random things just to learn.

Offcourse, as a dreamer I want to make a RPG, but a I know is hard and we all need babysteps first.

So, now, I want just to learn things.

I work as programmer and my hobby will be a gamer programmer, haha.

B
S

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:28 am

Hi there!

I'm Josh from Seattle, Washington.

I just downloaded Construct 2, and it's a real blast! I've taken the initial tutorial and I've been modifying it heavily (health, weapon and shield drops, a level-up mechanic) for the fun of it.

I too would like to eventually build an RPG; also I'd love to see enhancements to the game engine to make that possible! (Custom "windows", data tables, etc) Also, I'd love to see multiplayer functionality make its way into the game.

Keep up the good work with this great engine!
B

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello There This is Adnan for Malaysia.
I want to make a platformer game.
Any one knows of where I can get a video tutorial ?

Thanks
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi, my name is Artur, I'm from Poland and I feel kinda awkward when I introduce myself after, what...? 4 years? ^^

Anyway, I'm a big fan of oldschool shmups (oh well, ok, mainly fan of Tyrian) and I like to feed pigeons with nothing (they love it too - seriously! Well, at least I think so...).

I hope that I will finally finish one of my unfinished projects, and in the meantime I've decided to try to be a bit active on the forum.

B
G

Post » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi. I'm Devi Ever. I spent the past decade running a fairly successful guitar pedal business. A few months ago I sold it to pursue creating video games full time. At first I tried my hand at Game Maker with a little success, but then I discovered C2 a week ago and everything's changed... for the better. I have never been as excited about creating video games as I am using C2.... just fantastic! :D
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:02 am

Hi, I'm Nico and I'm glad I found Construct 2. I'm looking forward in learning the game building skills here.
B

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:31 am

Hello,

I'm Ollimar, a game studies teacher in Finland and a hobbyist game developer. Having used Unity for several years I wanted broaden my horizon and what else is available. After reading the news about Contruct 2's Wii U support I decided to give it a shot.

Looking forward to make and play great games with you!
B

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:06 am

Hello All,
Micah the Moss Kid here
hailing from Seattle.
Nice to see you all.
I'm currently looking to get a more developed grasp of how the games themselves operate, specifically 2D, and making sense out of game code.
Figured this is a great spot!
Just getting my feet wet currently,
but hoping to jump right in soon...
Thanks Guys,
MosskidMossKid2014-01-21 07:07:18
B

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 am

Hello.

I'm Pete, I really like this game making business and this seems like a great place to do it.
B

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello.

I'm Finch, I really like programming. Seem that the C2 game design is not as difficult as c++ coding.

Is there some place where the game designers talk about what type of games work in the current market place?

B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic