The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:20 am

Hi!

According to my profile, my account is 160 days old... but I've only really started using it recently, so.... um. Hi.

I have a web presence, which is mostly about art and stuff.

By the way, this post totally isn't entirely for the badge thing... not at all. I am the kind of person who will continue playing a video game just for achievements, but that's totally different.

I started using Construct with the intent of making a totally epic platform adventure game... judging by my progress, it will be available by Summer 2035.
plauk2011-10-31 06:21:15
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:05 am

Hi, I am sqiddster.
I still build with lego and am proud to admit it ;)

I find construct to be the best game design program that does not involve coding. The only reason that Game Maker is not out of business is because people don't know about c2. It really is leaps and bounds in front of the competition, and not even finished yet.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:26 am

Du kommst nicht zuflligerweise aus sterreich? O.O

Nice to welcome you all there =)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 am

Hello forums!
I'm not exactly new here(have been around since we only had CC, but i figured I may as well make a real introduction.

My real name is Stian(from norse Stigandr), I'm 16 and from Norway. My english language is therefore not perfect, but I try.
I have made a few games in CC, and I am working on remaking them in C2. I know alot of stuff (mostly that random crap no one really needs to know). In addition to making/playing games I also draw digitally (I am planning on making a cartoon, but I never get myself to start).

In games i prefer gamepley over graphics, so don't expect too good visuals from my games.Suna992011-10-31 08:34:01
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Hello All,

My name is Shaun and I'm from the UK. I'm not new to making games, but I'm new to HTML5. In the past I made games using flash (Action Script 3).

I have to say I enjoy using Construct 2, It takes the headache out of programming and lets me concentrate more on my art.

Anyway ... See you in the forum :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey,

My name is Thiago Attianesi, I'm from Brasil. I'm a gamedesigner working in a indie company with some friends called Fan Studios (http://www.fanstudios.com.br/) Only in portuguese by now.

I used classic construct to make prototypes games to programmers see the ideas and make in other languages, like XNA, C++, Java...

Now I am really excited with contruct 2 and the power of Html5 and smartphones. Now I can make litle games and post online, I really glad with it. =)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Herro. Imma cupcake, and I be stealin' your muffins.

I just finished the first tutorial for Construct2, and I'm mighty impressed. It reminds me of GameMaker in some ways, which is good, because GameMaker is the easiest game making tool I've ever come across (until now). It's only 2 weaknesses was that A) games made with it tended to be slow and B) it couldn't make online games that could run anywhere.

I used to study game programming using C++, Visual Basic, and BlitzPlus as a hobby, so I can fully appreciate how much easier this is than coding from scratch.

Seems I found the right solution. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 pm

wellwell, hello there, I've been on here for a while now x) I am Mads, I am danish / swedish and I love Construct, that's all xD
K thx baii
B
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:58 am

Hey Everyone,
My name is Helen. I am looking forward to finding some useful information and friendly people here. Cheers.
B
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:50 am

Hello everybody ,

my name is Carmine , I come from Italy but have been living in different countries for almost ten years .

I ve always loved videogames , like any of use I guess !
It is now very intruiguing and interesting to be able to make my own videogames.

I haven t had a lot of time recently but I love scirra and construct2 from what I have seen and from the little projects that I have developed .

This is a great program and I am going to buy it very soon .

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic