The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:16 am

Hello world! I am Claralyn Ingal, and I need help in some Construct 2 actions.
I am 18 years old.
I need your support! Shape Swapper isn't complete without Bitcoin donations. Donate --->1QETAa8Z2swZ1sHZRbSk4mv5MvpUTi1wEi
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi all! I'm exited to try this out! It seems like a good crowd here. I heard about this from microsoft virtual academy, and I can't wait to attempt my first game! Does anyone have any advice?
B

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 pm

@pyroplague

Best advice for any new software is read the manual in conjunction with doing a few tutorials such as Ashley's excellent platformer tutorial (see Tutorial section above).

After that, start small and prototype any ideas you may have. If you get stuck, post in the 'How Do I' section and you'll get a (hopefully) useful response.

Good luck and welcome :)
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:17 pm

I Like Trains!! :P ;) 8-)
B

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 pm

im jebus556 and i heard about dis {whaterver it is} thru google sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah :|
B

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Hey Guys,

My name is Daniel Moore, I am a father of a wonderful 9 month old baby girl, and have very supportive wife who loves the idea of making a mobile game. With that said, I haven't ventured into the game creation world since I was 18. I have messed with FPS Creator and Unity 3d before in the past. I have only a very basic understanding of computer based languages and artistic talent which brings me here to the forums.

My primary "thing" that I do on a day to day basis is sound design for fun, and then for 70+ hours a week, I drive a truck. So, when my wife suggested we should make a game I kinda chuckled (making games isn't fun I thought to myself). Construct 2 seems very promising, and I'll be trying out the free copy tonight. If all of my tests work, we will be upgrading to the personal license.

I have a few questions to ask but I'll save those for the proper thread, I just thought I would drop a hello to all of you and I look forward to the future inquiries. Hopefully I can be as helpful to anyone here as I hope you guys can be with me.

Thank You all,
Daniel J. Moore
B

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:39 pm

@DanielJMoore

Welcome Daniel...let me tell you only one thing....

GameMaking IS fun with C2 ;-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:42 am

Greetings,
The name Nik, im a game student who still strunggling on making my own game. Really hope someone can guide me~ >w<\/|

here's some question~
well, my lecturer ask me to give a try on C2, so now im trying to learn how to use this software for my Final Year Project. Since im a fan with vanilaware types games, is it possible for me to do it using construct2?
B

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:55 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brian and I heard about Construct 2 on Youtube, browsing around one day looking for ways to develop for mobile without much programming experience. I'm a graphic artist by trade, and needed a little boost in the coding department, and thought I'd give this a try. So far it looks like a great product!

I suppose I can tack on my first question here - I have both PC and a Mac, but only have graphic creation software for the PC. If the end goal is to get a game into the iOS app store, can I develop on the PC, then wrap it with PhoneGap or Ejecta - then transfer it over to the Mac for uploading for approval? Would I wrap it on the PC then transfer, or on the Mac? This is new to me and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Brian :)
B

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 pm

haha what
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic