The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Hey there fellow creators!

I'm Marc aka Everade, and i'm 25.

I've become addicted to gaming since the age of 5, starting up with a NES, which evolved to nearly every console ever since released.
But nothing came ever as close as the joy of a PC, and what you're capable to do with it.

I've started to do some Flash videos which evolved to some minigames using the old Macromedia Flash.
I was developing content for the Ragnarok Online community for about 10 years now.
As a spare time artist, i'm kinda experienced with photoshop, which has ever since evolved, also with 3d models created in Zbrush.
Still... having about zero experience with programming languages, i have finally encountered Construct 2.
I have started to develope my first real game a few weeks ago now, and i can tell that i'm quite happy with the results.

I'm looking forward to the first day i can show some screenshots and infos of it.
I hope you guys will like it.

However with my current plans, and even if i've made quite a big progress over this short time period;
It might take 1~3 years, so wish me some luck :P
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi there,

my name's Francesco a.k.a. kekkorider, I started with game development in 2007 using RPG Maker 2003 but I quit in 2010 due to my job (I work as web developer).
A friend of mine talked to me very much about Construct2 so I downloaded it, after a couple of tutorials I was impressed by its ease of use, also it's funny :D

My objective is to create fast and enjoyable games to publish on the App Store and the Play Store (and why not, earn some euros :D )
B

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Hey everyone. I'm a ten year developer veteran with zero actual game development experience. I tried out Unity and Unreal engine but for the simple concepts i have in mind they're a bit much. Not to mention, I can hardly draw 2d, much less 3d, and I'm not looking to spend a couple grand on art for a hobby. So, here I am. Wish me luck. :)
B

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello everyone, I just signed up and I hope to use construct 2 to learn about 2D character creation and animation.

:P
B

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:59 am

Hi everyone! I wanted an easy tool to try to create some games on my free time. Construct looks awesome and is the easyest I found until now for a hobbyist like me. I hope I can create something cool with it. :D
B

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:31 am

:D
B

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:33 am

Hello from Turkey
B

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 am

Hello world.
B

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello from Pennsylvania. Previous Game Maker newbie and looking to learn Construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 pm

So ... "Introduce Yourself" ... Something besides "hello, world" I suppose! :)

As you can see (@MikeDobson), my name is Mike, and I live in the U.S.

"Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm obsessed with a computer game." :shock:

I've been programming computers of one kind or another since Reagan was still president (not that those two facts have anything to DO with one another) ...

And to further "date-stamp" myself, my very first "computer" was "Timex-Sinclair 1500" !
It just occurs to me as I'm writing this, that my very first ever "complete" program, was in fact a very basic (no "splitting" etc. but did have "graphics" of a sort) "Blackjack" (or "21" if you prefer) game! I thought of it myself, did it ALL by myself - as opposed to modifying code from books or magazines, etc. (that was the way a lot of "hobbyists" spread code in those days).

So far, I'm sort of using C2 as a "rapid" (relative term, there) "prototyping" tool, attempting to "re-create" an old "computer game" that's even older than my personal experience; maybe I'll get around to a "Work in Progress" and/or "Screen Shot" forum post eventually.

It's taking me a bit to get "past" the whole "no coding required" type of "paradigm" (especially since I'm more familiar with "coding") espoused by C2; I'm seeing (though various tutorials and my own experiments) that it requires, if not explicit "coding," quite a few bits of rather "specialized knowledge" (which look suspiciously like things most learn w/"traditional" coding) in order to get very far past the simple(r) templates and "game genres" that the creators obviously had in mind for C2. Some 3rd-party plugins are already simplifying things tremendously, especially those by @rexrainbow !
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic