The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 am

Hi hi! I'm going to start off by stating I am no good at introductions.. but I always give it a shot, nonetheless!

My name's Savanna, I'm an avid gamer at heart and a starving artist. I've always wanted to dabble in anything video game related! Be it concept art, or even development. I stumbled upon Construct via youtube and was ecstatic to see all the possibilities it holds. So, I jumped right into this site and have been reading, learning, and studying.. in hopes if gaining the knowledge I need to develop some awesome games!

I really hope to utilize this program and bring my art and stories to life! As of right now, I've been tossing ideas back and forth with my better half on a side-scrolling RPG. We are currently drawing everything out and reading about construct. I'm going to try my best to steer clear of 'discouragement' as I seem to find myself gravitate there quicker than I expect at times >_<;

Anyway, I'm a nerdy gamer and I loves it.

See ya around!
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 am

Hi guys!

I'm Roan Contreras, you can call me "Toadfrogs" over the internet :D

I'm a student from the Philippines, and also an indie game developer and a digital artist... You can see my examples such as games at http://roancontreras.zxq.net and my digital art at http://toadfrogs.deviantart.com

I'm a user of Game Maker and Stencyl... and now I'll try to make HTML5 games with Construct ... :D

That's it for my short introduction... Thanks! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey everyone! Just starting with Construct 2 today! It looks very promising and I hope I can contribute to the community!

I've been a software developer for about 10 years and have made a few small games in the past as side projects.
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Hey everyone,my name is Craig Corporon from Nova Scotia, Canada. Been playing video games since the mid-eighties and have always wanted to be a part of the industry. Found myself with some free time so putting together a video game development/production/marketing company. We are in pre-launch, only putting things together a few days ago. The name may be silly, there was a facebook vote amongst friends and this was the clear winner. If anyone gets bored and wants to design a logo feel free :P

edit: The slogan is also highly changeable :P

Shameless plug: http://funchowder.com/

We will be concentrating on casual and HTML5 games, while also shamelessly pluging Scirra's Construct 2 every chance we get.

Whew!!!!!Braxmule2011-11-10 16:45:33
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Santos from Spain. Well it took a long time on video games, playing more than anything but I've always tried to do something on my own. I am a fan of indie developers and have been my biggest inspiration to try for myself.

Hopefully with Construct 2 is able to create something fun and at least able to get opinions. I'll see you around here.

A greeting.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey everybody.

I think I may be an older person on this forum, but that's ok with me, as long as I'm learning. :)

I'm a husband, father, musician, teacher and I work in a computer lab at a middle school. I love my job and am hoping to include a section of my class on basic video game design. I've tried other programs but they've seemed too complicated, this is the first I've found to be mostly user friendly. This forum has also already been very helpful! Thanks!

In my spare time (not much) I write a ton of music. You can find some of it here at New Cool Now Music

I write silly and fun songs and more serious "indie folk" (Elliot Smith meets Sufjan in a bar and hugs him gently) type music.

I've written music for a few video games before, but I'm not much of an electronic type of musician, though I can do a lot with just Garageband and a midi-keyboard.

Here's the first game I'm working on now. My First or Second Game Attempt It's a capx file.

Thanks for the love everyone.

Peace,

Steve
B
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am

Construct 2 is amazing!

Check out my new game with Construct 2 "Farting Birds" on the Chrome Web Store!

Farting Birds on the Chrome Web Store

It's time for Farting Birds! Farting Birds is a game for everyone. Lots of fun and laughs! The player's task is to get the golden eggs and diamonds, frightening and destroying enemies with huge farts: Fatality Farts and Extra Fatality Farts.
More on www.wkgames.pl
Have fun!

WaldemarKunicki2011-11-11 11:33:01
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:40 am

Just saying hi and mentioning that it seems I'm not the only one who greatly misses a certain company that used to be based in Oakhurst, CA...

Your toolkit looks great so far, much simpler than something like Flash yet with a lot of power built into it...

Hopefully if you play your cards right, you could position yourselves to be the "Flash Builder" of HTML5 (or more likely get bought by whoever wants to be in that position)!

Great job!
Jack
B
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:55 am

Hi @TeamJT, what a reference. It took a few googling to get it ^^
Another Scirra's secret revealed

Also hi to all the other new members who introduced themselves.
Welcome aboard.Kyatric2011-11-12 04:56:21
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:34 am

Okay, So I'm kinda embarrassed because I been on this forum for some time now and have not done this yet... But anyways here we go!

Hello all My name is Don, I go by the name "ThatNerd". I came up with this idea for a 2D platform game December of 2010. I've been dancing around what engine to use Construct Classic or Multimedia Fusion 2. long story short I decided to use Construct for my project. I hope to have a demo of my game sometime soon though it's difficult to say when because of Friends, Work, School, etc.     

I've been playing Video game since the late 80's and it started with Super Mario Bros... Yea Classic Gamer right here!

~Other Stuff about me if Interested~

Favorite Games

Wario Ware Inc
Earthbound
Mother 3
Elite Beat Agents
Persona 3 and 4
Virtual On
Old school games
etc

B
G