The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm been on the forums for a few weeks and figured I should introduce myself. I'm a male, 30's :-), been into game programming my whole life. I started on a TI-994A, if anyone remebers those, making old TI-Basic games. You could write your game program to a cassette tape and then play it from tape. The text-to-speech module of Construct reminds me of a big add-on to the TI computer that allowed the computer to speak to you. Just that construct's isn't a huge physical brick!.

I've tried game programming in C/C++, Java, Python, C# w/ XNA but I have a day job and this is just a hobby so too much time and programming it's just not fun. I have periods of work where I'm very busy and might not be on here much, but when I can I will drop by. I am not a graphics guy so any stuff I use will be free or something I get permission to use. I do really like making games and hope to make some good ones with Construct. Other things I enjoy are: chess, tennis, and hiking.

Good to meet you all!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 am

Hi! I'm Azazel, I'm a musician/programmer (mostly musician) from Las Vegas. If you have ever played the game Soldat, you've heard my work, as I composed the music for that game (so long ago).

My current project is a game with no title yet involving little 16 pixel low res characters blowing each other to pieces! It's still in a very early state of development, but when I get something interesting put together I'll throw some screenshots or an early build up so you can see where I'm going with this (It's a little more complex than my description might lead you to believe)!

As far as music goes, I tend to compose mostly metal/rock stuff. I play guitar, bass, and drums (sort of). If you want to hear some stuff I've done, the only place i can direct you to right now is my Newgrounds page, which is definitely not up to date, but has some music on it for you to listen to... It can be found at [url:bprkel96]http://www.dgf-azazel.newgrounds.com[/url:bprkel96]. If you like it, I'm always interested in composing for people's projects, and I'm not limited to metal, although that's what I focus on personally.

I'm very happy with Construct, very very happy, It's one of the easiest, most feature packed programs of this type, and being free is just the icing on the cake. I'm certainly going to enjoy being a part of what appears to be a very helpful and fun community, and everyone should always feel free to PM me if you need music, or for anything at all! NICE TO MEET YA!
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Yo. I'm a lazy jobless 16-year-old with way too much free time. I've been interested in game making since I was little. I was making a game in RPG Maker VX, more specifically working on a custom battle system, when my data killed itself. Disheartened and unwilling to finish what I started, I've been hopping around game making programs for a while and happened upon Construct.
I really, really like it.
Even though I was working on an RPG, I really want to make a platformer. I'll probably end up making an RPG sometime in the distant future, though.
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm

[quote="TooManyToasters":1l0o3ebh]
Even though I was working on an RPG, I really want to make a platformer. I'll probably end up making an RPG sometime in the distant future, though.[/quote:1l0o3ebh]

RPG PLATFORMER!!

:D

Welcome to the boards by the way ;)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am

Hey. I go by Stargoat netside.

An Australian studying as an engineer, my real passion is lies in gaming. Growing up on the NES, SNES, games have always been highly interesting. Having wanted to get in to game development from an early age, I began dabbling around in game maker and C++... that didn't go very far.

Construct is attractive because of its easy, quick and intuitive style. Hopefully here I can find the motivation to actually make something.

While I enjoy all genres (to some extent), some favourite (non-indie?) games from over the years include System Shock 2, Super Mario Brothers 3, Starcraft, F-Zero, Super Metroid, Perfect Dark, Killer 7, Sin and Punishment, Space Quest, Super Monkey Ball 2, Jagged Alliance 2, Fallout, Layer Section and Radiant Silvergun... the list goes on.

Out of the mainstream, ADOM, Skyroads, Tapan Kaikki, Tango Strike, Happyland, Braid, Eternal Daughter, Cave Story, La Mulana, Return to Sector 9, Dwarf Fortress, and anything by Kenta Cho are just some of the games that have helped define, in my mind, what makes gaming awesome.
B
G

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Imaku, and I was always interested in making games and other programs for the computer. I started out with Game Maker, which just really wasn't good enough, and I abandoned it. Some time later I acquired a copy of Flash, and I started making little games and animations, and I still do, but I can never hold my interest on it for very long, because when I'm doing something, it feels like I'm getting nowhere. Then I found construct from a link from a blog, and when I saw it, I thought it looked like a free Game Maker, so I just saved it to my bookmarks and decided to download it later. When I did, about 2 weeks ago, I found out that it was actually BETTER than Game Maker and not just a free knockoff. I started making little games with it, and it was easy. I looked at the tutorials, and made more little games, then decided I would do a bigger project with this. I'm just starting that project now, and I decided to sign up here in case I have any problems I could ask for your guy's help with. That's pretty much it.

/wall of text :mrgreen:
B
G

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 pm

[quote="TooManyToasters":3jo84r21]Yo. I'm a lazy jobless 16-year-old with way too much free time.[/quote:3jo84r21]
Arent we all...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:52 pm

[quote="Doppel":1xcvm6zw][quote="TooManyToasters":1xcvm6zw]Yo. I'm a lazy jobless 16-year-old with way too much free time.[/quote:1xcvm6zw]
Arent we all...[/quote:1xcvm6zw]
NO!

-_-

30 + works from home (second to not having a job).

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 am

Hello everyone ! !
I am new on this forum.My name is Allen.I am 29 year old.
B
G

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:53 am

hello
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic