The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Hello

I've done lots of GFX work in the Commodore 64 scene, but now looking to get into some simple but more modern game design myself. This seems like a good place to start!
B

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:14 pm

hi
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:08 am

hi :?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:31 pm

im a charecter designer and i have a problem finding devloppers i hope i can use this platforme an make it by myself
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Hello,
I am sorry I might be long to be read.... :?

I'll tell you all that seems useful about me :

I am in my thirties, the first console I had was a NES. I added a gameboy in 1992 (so long ago :shock: ), a computer (for me alone) in 1998, a GBA, a NDS, a wii, a PS2, a XBOX360, other windows PCs since...
I am a fan of God Games/"Company Management Games", such as old Theme Hospital, Theme Park; I also like games like Final Fantasy, point and click, GTA, and so many others :)

Then :
When I was a student I would have liked to learn how to create games, but there was no school in France, and no company near my home... So I dropped the idea :roll:

I am a french Business Management App Developer, I am also a computer network admin.
A few months ago, I have found out there's almost no game for the youngest (at least in french).
So :idea: I decided to try and create games for the youngest children (18months to 6 years old).

I have begun to learn about ways to create programs for Windows 8 (and next versions) on MicrosoftVirtualAcademy , and MS Trainers said so much good about Construct 2 for game creation, that I have decided to try.

I am new to game programming, and hope I'll be able to share with any of you.
:)
Last edited by maliya on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:48 pm

hello my name is rizki im new to this program nice to meet you guys :D
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 pm

my license file is not working please idea
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 pm

uh...hello >>

I'm Charlie and I'm 21 so my earliest gaming experience comes from the SNES...these days I mostly just play xbox. The only experience I have with anything that even resembles making video games is coding robots back in high school, you know, the basic stuff like building those little battle robots and the like...so I figured I'd give Construct a shot because it seems easy enough to grasp without needing an entire degree or something. ^^;
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Time for the Introduction post.

I programmed ASM, C and C++ in the past, mostly just as a hobby. Began learning JAVA but somehow it really did not make much sense to me. I played around with Game Maker but it lacked a lot of functions. Played around with Unity but was a tad bit complicated for my expertise. Found Construct 2 and love how easy everything falls into place.

Coming from the world of C++ I see myself constantly trying to implement functions like in C++ and forget this is not a programming environment like C++ and stumble on some minor issues. But with the simplicity of design Construct 2 really makes it easy to stumble right back in the drivers seat.

I am now a hobbyist / Indie game programmer / designer. I would like to get more into this as I have always loved programming games but never really released anything. I hope Construct 2 will help me there!

Anyways, like everyone else that gets into game design I have a ton of ideas on how I can make a game Soooo much better, that is the whole reason why I got into this in from the start.

I am going to post a lot of questions so bare with me :-)

Thx.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi all, I figured I'd mess around a bit with game development, I intend to get some experience and then maybe start making some flash games. I went through the tutorial and am very pleased with how user friendly this software is, so glad I don't have to write out all the individual lines of code :D
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic