The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi!
My name is Flo and I'm a 2D artist and game dev. I'm currently finishing my studies and working as a 2D artist in the gaming industry.

I like to create small stuff in my spare time, and I used to work with Game Maker or Unity 3D. Quite frankly, I thought Construct 2 was limited. Boy, was I wrong!

Aurelien Regard, the guy behind the awesome game The Next Penelope, convinced me to try the engine. The layers, the effects, and overall simplicity makes the engine super pleasant to use. I didn't go very far for now but I can see all the possibilities. The ability to go beyond events and behaviors to be able to script is also an important feature in an engine.

Anyway, Construct 2 convinced me, the licence price is really fair so I will get mine right now!

I did this small interactive thingy with the free version in no time, when a small jam was about to finish : <edit : can't post link yet apparently, I will edit when I can>. I hope to spend a lot of time here, and to have a lot of cool stuff to show you!

See you!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi.
B

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello I am new to this community of learners. :D My name is Sean. I am new at making games. I Hope this place help s.
B

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 pm

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
B

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi,

I do have some development background (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TiZzovx5YE ) but I bought C2 anyhow because I expect to have faster turnarounds on rapid prototyping. I also want to support the Scirra startup.

I learned about C2 on the 'next level' conference in Dortmund, Germany at a workshop hosted by Dirk Mempel.

Cheers,
Dirk
B

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi,
My name is Adit. I'm a student majoring in game technology. I'm interested in game developing very much, especially game programming :D . I'm trying to learn construct 2, I hope this forum helps me
B

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello, My name is Henry. I hope to have loads of conversations on this website, and learn loads as I wish to make games for a living!
B

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello!! :D :D
B

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi! I`m Alexander, hope for productive coop in gamebuilding ;)
B

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste...
..........Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, mm yeah
....................Korbaach :D
B
S
G