The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 am

Many years ago, I worked in the then fledgling games industry. Watching the development of games was a fantastic experience. I admired the custom written software that the developers used to put the games together.

The guys at Scirra have created something very special with the release of Construct2, as it will allow wannabe game/app developers to realise their dreams.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi,

I've worked in the IT industry for a number of years here in the UK, currently with various Oracle products and Delphi development. I'm learning Java (slowly) and have wanted to develop "a game" for a long time. Construct 2 looks like the easiest way to break into games development and so I'm going to work through the tutorials over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Leaston
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Hello!

I'm a technician and gamer who is beginning to make his own games. I've tried other systems in the past, but when yesterday discovered Construct 2, I decided that this is "the software".

So I'm here, studying your tutorials and taking a brief time to register and introducing myself.

Good work guys.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:42 pm

I am a Graduate student at Computer Science in Game Development at University of Southern California. I love to design games and I love to become a Game Designer in the future. I am not good at art work, such as 3D model and animation but a game needs them.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello, I'm Emanuel and I'm an art student from Puerto Rico.
I found construct thanks to a friend from the university and I'm currently trying my best to figure it out so I can complete a platformer called "Polizn".

Here's a WIP Screenshot:

And here's some concept art:
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:17 am

Hello,
I'm Merlino and realy like to make games. Puzzle games and RGP games are my favorite. Contruct 2 is a great tool tot use for this purpose.
Regards,
Merlino
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 am

Hello!

Im a professional game developer, and I have recently getting my hands dirty in the HTML5 world. Earlier Ive worked a lot with 3D webbrowser based games, but its rather frustrating, since you need to have custom plugins, and its hard to get users to trust, that they need to install this plugin, in order to play.

So now Im getting more and more into both HTML5 and WebGL, and I found that Construct is a good program to make nice 2D applications/games.
Im doing my own HTML5 "engine" as well, so I can switch between the two depending on what I want to do, which is really nice!

Sofar I am very impressed with the Construct program, and I am certainly gonna use it as much as I can!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 am

Hi, I am Chris... pixelpusher, vectorbender and quadturner for a long, long time... I have been working as a freelance artist, art lead and creative director for various indie developers and on more games than I can remember... The most recent release is "The adventures of Shuggy" for Xbox Live Arcade with Smudge Cat games and bunch of iphone/ ipad games with Utopian Games.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Nice to meet you!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Hello guys!!, I hope find people here speak spanish!. espaol saludos a todos desde PERU!! y pintemos el mundo con juegos interesantes!!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic