The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:21 am

Hi, I'm Allan. I'm a student and a part time game designer. I've been into game design and general software design since 7th grade, which actually wasn't that long ago
I work on game development whenever I have time (when there's no homework)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Hey I'm Basil Amer (as my username suggests) and I'm a high school senior.

I started game design back in 6th grade, and from there, got into graphic design, pixel art, and music.
It's one of the things I do sometimes to have fun and test myself, and Construct is perfect for it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:59 pm

The deadliest bunny u could ever imagine. i used to use scratch a game maker software until i found this construct/scirra. i'm not that smart so u can call me a dumb-watever
B
G

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:21 am

Hey there everybody!
I've been lurking around (and using C2) for quite some time and have eventually come around to registering an account and joining this great community.

I'm a C/C++, Java coder by profession and well I'm trying to make the odd little game on the side (when time allows that is). What attracted me to C2 was its modular design. Ashley and the team have done a stellar job on this!

Right now I'm working on a little physics platformer as well as working on a couple of construct plugins (I've just finished writing my own implementation of the sockets plugin that has been posted here earlier and am now working on a server setup to allow multiplayer gaming, a demo will be following shortly).

Very happy to have discovered this amazing piece of software, with the SDK and its molecularity the sky is truly the limit.

Cheerstalkinghead2011-12-31 03:22:15
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey folks! My name is Michael Brosmer, but just call me Loki. I am a web and interactive media developer, as well as 3D modeling. I have been interested in game design my whole life and had studied may apps to achieve this, but still have yet to produce a full game. I have been working with construct 2 about 20 hrs (including reading), and am impressed with the progress I have made with this engine. I Just posted my first call for help this morning and am way impressed with Yann's response. With community like this I can build something awesome here. I plan to be as supportive as i can to the community, and play a useful role here.

First project WIP:Starborn
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:12 am

Heyy I'm Puppy :D

One of my life goals is to make a game actually, so today I thought I would go about learning how ^__^ Kindda silly maybe. But yeah hehehe. Has always been something I wanted to try. I'm glad that I managed to find a program that seems like it makes it a bit easier.

B
G

Post » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 am

Hello!

Ahhhh I love construct 2! I had always been too intimidated to make my own games, but this engine is highly intuitive and visual which has made it so approachable. I've made two games so far :D

I have a channel on youtube (BluBerryGamer) and until now it has always been purely reviews of other indie games. So happy I finally get to make and share my own as well.

-Blu
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 am

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine was tired of me complaining about some of the lack of functionality I had in the free version and gifted me a full version copy for Christmas. I have a little coding background in various languages, but definitely not a pro. I do run into a few problems using a GUI interface to do things, as I'm more used to and comfortable with plain command line coding as that's what I've only used in the past 25 years or so. Anyway, glad to be part of the community, will try to get through some tutorial and see if I can actually make a working game.

Cheers,
Banzai5150
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 am

Hi everybody!

I was just watching the videos for Construct, and the videos alone persuaded me to purchase a copy of the program! I'm now reading through all the tutorials and starting to have a ton of fun.

Nice to meet you guys :)
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Hello every body.

I'm a 16 years old french student, interested in webdesign, webdevelopment and game design.

I'm currently in love with Construct 2 <3

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic