The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:36 am

The rep points made me do it...   

Had this acct for about 2 years, but don't post much. I go by deebee on this and a couple other forums. Go by sportyeight everywhere else.

Playing around with Construct is fun, but I've yet to actually come up with a full blown game idea. Oh, well. Maybe soon.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:46 am

@deebee, have you seen our latest competition on the blog? Some good inspiration there!

Welcome to the site everyone as well!
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:06 am

Hi peeps,
I've been a hobbiest gamedev for some time. I've developed small games in Flash, Javascript, Haxe and C#. I've experimented with a variety of engines and frameworks including RPGMaker, XNA, UDK, Love, and especially FlatRedBall.

Professionally I'm a web and application developer for an online retailer. I am currently building a shopping app for Android on top of Mono Droid.

I like the idea of Construct2 being event-driven and eliminating the need to write tons of code before you can see if your game is good or not. I also am interested in HTML5 as the underlying tech since it's truly cross-platform.

I have a video game released on the WP7 market called Whirlygig: Aegis and I have a personal blog about gamedev at http://syndicatex.com
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am

Welcome! Nice blog and thanks for the Construct 2 plug :)
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Hello all! I'm new to Construct 2 and are making games out of boredom. Gonna post some games soon! :)
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 am

Hi all came across this HTML toolset (more interested in the 2d physics more than anything else) and saw that the price was so low i thought i would donate to the cause.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Nice to meet you all. My name is Tim.

Ive had a passion for video games as long as i can remember, starting with the Atari, commodore 64, nintendo, Amiga (ohh the Amiga... so many pirated games), consoles and the list goes on.

For the past few of years ive been a psychology student, but have decided to give it up for my real passion. So this year im going for broke and Construct is the vehicle thats gonna take me there! Lol :)
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:45 am

Hello all!

My name is Alvin. I'm a hobbyist in game design and 3d art, but soon I hope I could take off my hobbyist lable and become professional creator!

I've just stumble to Scirra Construct 2 and HTML5 world for few months. I think both are very prospective and intresting for game development.

Go Scirra and HTML5!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 am

i'm illustrator from Brasil and i like 2D platform games, i think i can learn something in this community and start making games with construct
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am

I'm new to making games, but not to programming or gaming in general.    Looking forward to learning and perhaps learning how to make money in the process, who knows.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic