The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:49 am

Hi really excited to start playing with the Construct2 engine.. cant wait to learn more about html5 and <canvas>.
This engine seems to really give me the power to make prototypes really fast and easy.
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 am

Hi i'm 7Soul. I make games, or at least try to
You may want to visit my DA: http://ails.deviantart.com/
Or my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ails1234

And this is the last game I made: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-22/?action=preview&uid=2958

Looking forward for a more complete C2, until then, i'll be active in the CC boards, trying to help ppl

Also, gimme my badge :3
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am

Hello,

My name is Ulric Bol. I'm 41 years old. I live in Belgium.
I've been testing/trying game engines for several years now as a hobby...but unfortunately, my day job and family life taking too much time I've never been able to focus long enough on a game idea to successfully turn it into an actual game!

Searching for free e-books on HTML5/CSS3, I found a link to the Scirra website. I tested C2 for a week or two and decided to go for the early-adopter standard edition! This is a great piece of software!

C2 allows me to really focus on the implementation of the gameplay...so I hope being able to write full games with it!!!

Cheers,

Ulric
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Hello everybody! My name is Anthony.
I have been a lurker on this website for a few months, and now finally, I have decided to join. I have been playing video games for as long as I can remember, and have loved every minute of it.

I found Construct, because I have been looking for a free game maker that was good, yet easy to understand. I tried Game Maker, but it really wasn't intuitive for me. I also tried MMF2. I liked it a lot, but it wasn't free. Then after some research, I stumbled onto the glorious Construct. It was both free, and very intuitive for someone like me who has very little programming knowledge. I think that Construct is one of the best free game makers out there!

Thanks to the help of people like Deadeye, Arima, Ashley, and COUNTLESS other people who have indirectly helped me by answering the questions of others on this forum, I have got a pretty good Zelda game going now! :) It's not done yet, but it's getting there! I am looking forward to hanging with you guys!
B

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Hai, I'm Jasper.
I live in the Netherlands, almost 16 years old, and my hobbys are playing footbal, gaming & making games :)
I have used GameMaker for quite a long time (I think I downloaded it 5 years ago). Bought their pro version (not the html5 one, too expensive :o).
I got to know Construct via a gamemakerchat two days ago, and fell in love with it :) Today I bought the standard version. I hope Im gonna make some fun games ^^
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello names Bee and I'm from the United States of America. After playing around with this software. I believe Construct 2 will finally help me realize my childhood dream of creating my own games and share them with others and hopefully make money with them. Now it's just a matter of getting games out now.
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi...
That's it...
I'm a computer nerd pursuing a degree. I'm torn between Unity3d, HTML5, and Scirra construct. Though, whatever I choose, it would be great to learn enough to use Scirra as a rapid prototyping system.

I like tutorials, I like to tread where others have gone before venturing off into my own insane worlds.
B

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 pm

No editing. XD Nice to know. No matter how much I try to deny it, there is still a piece of me that wishes to create videogames. And even if I've never finished coding one, I have tons of designs that, someday, I hope, will show you worlds beyond your imagining.
B

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 pm

@parsed: Post options/Edit post.

Welcome aboard
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm

@parsed: "I'm torn between Unity3d, HTML5, and Scirra construct".

In fact, Construct 2 currently exports to HTML5, so the two are not mutually exclusive. Having set out to write games for HTML Canvas using raw JavaScript, I can tell you that Construct 2 makes it an order of magnitude easier and faster!

Welcome and enjoy!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic