The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

@xFireFrostx: True blood is a very cool show and the FX are very well done.
I'm looking forward to some of your creations with C2
Welcome to the community.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 am

@Kyatric: Thank you! I actually have was on Scirra a long time ago, but had the real world get in the way/ Not I am trying to be pro-active again in the digital world. Here is a link to my very first project on C2

Zombie Flashlight Alpha Test gamexFireFrostx2012-01-31 11:10:17
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Sup, I'm Dany0. With a zero at the end. You can recognize me by being awesome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi I'm Will, Guitar Teacher from the midlands. Just discovered Scirra today and after going through the tutorial am blown away with the possibilities and ease of use. As someone who has sometimes worked with computers and known the rough theory about, rather than practise of, programming, this thing is a god send!
Awesome stuff guys.
B

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello gentlemen, and welcome :)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 pm

hello my name is Amit
and i think that family is great!!!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 am

[quote]So, who are you?[/quote]
I am Ben Tibbetts. Since this question also seems to ask, "...and what do you do?", I will add that I am currently employed as a piano teacher, and I enjoy making music, games, art, and some other things.

[quote]How did you find out about Construct?[/quote]
I was interested in HTML5 gaming, and stumbled on Construct 2.

[quote]What brought you into the seedy underworld of making games?[/quote]
I had a friend in middle school who got me excited about making a point-and-click adventure game using HTML.

[quote]What interests you?[/quote]
Many things. Life.

[quote]Where have you been, and where are you headed?[/quote]
Regretfully few, hopefully many.
B

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 am

Hi every body I am Sandeep and a online gamer. My Favorited online games are Ruenscape, Mech Hero(Browser Based Games) and a long list of flash and Facebook games, though being a non developer, I always wanted to develop my own game, and now i when i came across this tool construct 2 i guess i can full fill my dreams. I have tried developing games in flash with as3 script but was not succesfull as i am unaware of coding but hopefully asap i will introduce my first game to all of you with the help of construct 2, it will be platform based game. That's all for now, i'll update you all as soon as possible with the game.
B

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 am

Hi, I'm Krossfire, a 24 year old copywriter. My passion for game design started back in highschool, when I used Game Maker for a couple of years and managed to produce a few titles (in both GM and Visual C++). Although I had a diploma in programming, I've followed a different path in college (marketing & communications).

After college and several years in the PR&Advertising Industry, I've restarted game creation as a hobby. Starchaser Studios (www.starchaserstudios.com), the team which I'm a part of is working on a Unity based title right now. I only hold the title of game designer and game writer, since my programming is a little rusty.

Scirra Construct got my attention when I started needing a tool for prototyping. It has become much more in the last few months, and this is the reason I've joined the forums. Nice to meet you all :)
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying out Construct 2 for a very simple game now - a multiplayer version of pong.

I was a gameplay programmer, scripter, level designer, game designer for video game companies in France for a while and worked on PS2, PC, NDS, Wii.
I guess I got tired of the big video games industry and now I'm trying to create more simple games, with a strong link to real life.

Basically video games that you would not play at home but in the street or in an event.

This multiplayer pong is my first attempt in this direction. It is also the chance for me to try building my first custom controller, which is actually much more work than building the game itself.

B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic