The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post and thought I'd just say hi.
I've never used Construct 2 before and after browsing the Website i thought I'd give it a try.
st1ckman672012-02-08 22:16:06
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:16 am

Hello guys, I'm new Game development and trying to learn little by little. I use AS3 before but since HTML5 is becoming better and better I wanna try it out.

I'm a PHP Programmer but trying to make game development my priority since It is more fun and better.

Here's my sample(Credits to 01lifeleft for the sprites) btw. :P

As a PC gamer, My favorite games are CoH, CnC Series(Except CnC4), BF3,Freelancer, Monkey Island Series, Terraria, Minecraft and more! XDpsycrow1172012-02-09 01:36:53
B

Post » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 am

*stands up*
I'm Maarten,... and I'm a gamedesigner

*crowd applauds and says: "Hi Maarten"*

Anyway I've been programming since I was 10 years old, and I think I even started gaming before that age. Nowadays I'm a Gamedesign&Development student at the HKU in the Netherlands.

I'm working as an intern at Mindgame. This company has been working with an old 'engine' and wanted a replacement. I've been looking around for new engines and ways do develop an easy way for them to create new fun web games.

At home I like to play Minecraft, League of Legens and World of Warcraft with my girlfriend. Still looking for time to play Skyward sword.
My entry for this years GGJ which I made with only a friend of mine (so 2 man group), we got 2nd place: Jammin
(Unity webplayer required)Bicky2012-02-10 08:41:03
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I think that now its time to introduce myself finally official:

My name is Georgi Todorov and Im from Bulgaria. Im intermediate user with game making but in CC Im full n0ob..... Now Im learning the things. I hope that someday I will make good games with CC. Good luck to everyone!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 am

Hi, peace to you all.

My name is Huzairi. I work as Graphic Designer/Artist in Malaysia.

I hope to learn new things here and make my own games in the future.

Construct is awesome, and I'm in love with it!

...currently building a 'menu selection' system for my game...hahaha
B

Post » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

'Sup.

I am called Spookeh, and I'm a game designer by hobby. While I wouldn't call myself anything close to a professional, I'm not totally green. I've been toying around with indie game design for about five years now, on and off, so I know a thing or two.

I started game development with Game Maker, something I'm pretty sure a lot of you have heard of, and from there I moved on to RPG Maker, which I have stuck with for several years now. I reside mainly on another indie game forum, HBGames, which is where I discovered a number of new outlets for development, most notably Unity3D and Construct.

I pride myself in my level design, above all my other skills, mostly because it is what I'm best at. My weak point is programming; I can never seem to get a grasp on RGSS, PhP, or anything else other than a very basic amount of Python.

Outside the development world, I'm a seventeen year old who attends a high school in the middle of nowhere. I enjoy gaming and media, and eating. That last one tends to be a bit of a problem, as I'm also a Type I diabetic. I don't mind it, though; it has more or less shaped who I am now.
B

Post » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey everyone and welcome to the forum :)
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

@Spookeh
You will probably find Construct a lot easier than any of those programming languages. No doubt..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:14 am

Sup all. Just downloaded Construct Classic, if its good I'll get the Construct 2 =P.

So basically same as everyone else here; a gamer, I'm 24, interested in learning/designing, blah blah blah (boring stuff). Me and the guys at college wanna try making a game so were going try this engine out and see how well it goes, lol.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Oh, just realized I never introduce myself (how rude)

+Scirra: Is Registered
-> System:      Wait 3 years and 3 months
-> Forum_Text: Set text to "Hello :)"
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Hello world!

My pseudo-name is Zephlon Arphanosh. I mostly do Web Development, and I have a website called ZefurNet (which is the middle of a hiatus right now). I have been looking for an HTML5 game editor for a while and I am very glad I found Construct 2.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic