The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:33 am

Hiya! I'm Justin64! I've just got a Wii U's developer's license and i thought Construct 2 fitted my needs for rapid prototyping and game development. I'm used to writing things from scratch till, the point I end up reinventing the wheel.
Can't wait to dive right in!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Heyyo, everyone!! I am Ethan Carello, a high school student aspiring to become a game designer.

Ever since I was a mere child, I have been surrounded by the influence of video games. The earliest picture of me interacting with video games was when I was nine months old watching my brother play Super Smash Bros. 64. I have loved playing video games and looking at how it melds together. Funny thing though-even after almost 18 years of existence with most being around a video game...

...I have never made a single video game in my life.

I have little-to-no experience in making a game, and most of things that I could do to make a game's content, mechanics, and story are all in my head. I have ideas, of course. However, those ideas are useless if left forgotten. Plus, I have a really bad habit of mentally bullying myself out of doing something for a video game in fear of screwing up or not achieving a goal that I have melded in mind (I'm too self-conscious for my own good :/ ), but is a far bigger scope than I need to assess to. But now...I can't let myself stop myself.

So, I have come to start creating with a mindset to allow failure. I have come to understand that most achievements come with countless failures, and I will let that be my drive to keep going. My goal? Create at least 1-3 great indie games among the countless messes I will have to make in order to learn my mistakes. Construct 2 looks like a good place to start, so I might as well get to it!
B

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:17 am

HI
B

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:49 am

Hello! My name is Raul Martinez, I'm from Mexico and I'm and aspiring game developer.
I've a vague knowledge of coding but gonna star from zero with this to learn more about Wii U game development!
B

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:26 pm

hi, nice to meet you all :mrgreen:
i know this awesome software from friends and i hope to create some game using construct 2
currently i'm working on typing games. :roll:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:01 pm

My name is Ilya and i from Russia, i was sharing in internet about programms like you and found it
B

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi Everybody,

Been messing around with Construct 2 for about a month or better now. Made a couple platform games for my grand-kids and have been having a great time in the process. I grew up in my teen with a C64 and later an Amiga 500, and like the idea of making some retro looking games for some of my old gamer pals.

TD Bauer
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey Everyone Im Tyler! :D
B

Post » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:26 am

Hi, my name is Aaron and just like you, I found Construct 2 while browsing for game creation software.

I don't really mean for this to become a career, just a little hobby I can do during my free time. I love watching anime, drama, and LPs on YouTube (game grumps and dramaalert FTW!) I think my interest in gaming started back when I played mario world on the snes, but i really grew up in the ps2 days (late bloomer I know...). I love those days when the tech was limited and forced the creators to be unique when making their games. It still happens a little bit today, but not on the same level as was before.

Anyway, I hope I can learn some cool stuff being on this site. 8-) :D :) ;) :x :oops: :P :x 8-) :twisted: :roll: :!: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :?: (don't ban me from spamming emoticons) :cry:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:14 am

I'm very behind on doing this, but hello!
Been in games, animation and music industry for a long time now, and decided to give C2 a whirl a little under a year ago. Since then, I've prototyped a lot, and come to rely on C2 as a valuable tool. Outside of C2, I've worked on many games with many teams and worn many hats, from art, to music, writing, production, a bit of code, a bit of everything really. In my spare time, I'm going to try and see just how complex a game can be made here, and over what platforms. Excited for the day MS and Sony adopt full HTML5. Can't wait to see what you're all working on, and I hope I can offer assistance anytime I'm able. Looks like a great community here. See you all in future posts!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic