The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:49 am

I am just a kid who likes to mess around with programming, and C2 is a lot more fun than trying to learn java! I look forward to building many games and helping out the Scirra Community as much as I can.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 am

I'm a soon to be college student who's always dreamed about making my own games. I just knew what I wanted to do was make games. My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog, when I was one, and I've been playing them seriously ever since. And by seriously, I mean 100% speed runs of games that capture my attention.

In pursuit of my dream, I've taught myself how to draw, write, and play music. Unfortunately, my talents are fairly limited thus far. But I'm working on that ;)

Also, like almost every gamer out there, I've planned my own games for years. A more accurate description would be dozens of crazy ideas that are either idiotic or inspired. Which is which isn't my choice though. It all depends on each gamer's interpretation of what they're playing. So we'll see what I manage to create.
B

Post » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 pm

hello im new here wats good
B

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:39 am

Hi Everyone..

im new here..
just wanna say..
im feelin soo lucky to found construct2..
i have browse around but never found better like construct2..
thanks scirra..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:11 am

Hello guys! I'm a video game maker aspirant and I'm looking to learn a lot of things about this incredible art :D.

Thanks ;)
Necdilzor.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 am

Hello world Killuminati

Love games been playing since nes and snes loyal Nintendo fan except for gameboys I stopped @ Gameboy advanced.

own 65 games on Steam and countless other hard copies.
Have alos owned every playstation just the best adult console around hate parents who let there kids play it tho lol Erndog2k2012-03-26 05:20:35
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Greetings, Fellow Bots!
Name's Disaraymon and I couldn't be more thrilled to be a new user of Creator 2. I've been doing this stuff a LOooooooooooonnnnNGGG time, but on and off over the years. My last coding experience was Flash, so I'm finding this program SUPER friendly and flexible as can be.
Looking forward to many more projects with C2!
B

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi folks,

I'm software developer and I already have experienced some program languages but now I working more with flash/flex/actionscript. A few days ago I had my first experience with Construct 2 and I liked it a lot. Super friendly and intuitive.

Like Disaraymon said: "looking forward to many projects with C2!" =D
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Hiya

Created a few internal fun things with C2 in prep for a topdown car game, wanting to steer away from flash.

Liked what I saw, and am quite a chunk through the game itself. Once it's live I'll be able to link it up - but til then you'll have to wait, at least to early to mid april anyway :)
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Hello one and all. I hail from that small country at the edge of Europe called Portugal. I'm a Computer Engineering student, and I have hopes of one day being a professional game designer/artist. For now, game design is mainly a hobby that has the benefit of filling my portfolio.

Outside of games, I have a passion for animals of all kinds, even the ones that are not much popular. I also enjoy building stuff, all the way from Lego to the Gundam model kit I built not too long ago.

I belong to the Pokmon generation, and never really stopped enjoying the games. There's a fantastic strategic element in those games for those who take the time to look for it. Sonic's also one of those classics that influeced me, with part of my childhood being spent looking at Sonic 2 on display at the local toy shop. I never actually owned a Sonic game before Sonic Advance, but Sonic games would frequently be my first picks for games to play at friends' places.

One really big, though more recent influence in my game design philosophy is Mega Man. I got to that late, but I loved it as soon as I started playing it, especially the faster-paced X style gameplay. One very important thing I got out of it was how to develop a character horizontally instead of vertically. The so-called "RPG elements" feel empty when all they do is increase numeric values and then the enemies scale with them, so you really don't feel any stronger. Should be called "NCG (Number Crunching Game) elements" instead. Megaman is a good example of doing this right. While there are the occasional vertical upgrades like health bar expansions, most of the upgrades are horizontal. You get to do more stuff instead of just doing the same stuff but better. It's easier to get a feel of powering up when the options you have increase.

Also, fighting games. I love them, especially the more over-the-top ones like Guilty Gear. One of my dreams is to one day work on the fighter and design the cast.

I did the tutorial, and started work on a breakout style game as my first project. I'm thinking of having boss battles on this one. What a twist!

And it's getting late here, so I'll stop here. If anyone wants to ask anything, go ahead!CyberDagger2012-03-26 23:52:48
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic