The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Hey Guys,

Realized I hadn't introduced myself, despite being on the forums a bit :)

I'm a professional game developer - specifically an environment artist. I've got absolutely zero programming skill, and that's always been a huge barrier to entry for me for small, personal projects like you see here.

Despite a great desire to do my own project, time is incredibly limited for me, so when I saw the Construct 2 introduction video, I had a feeling C2 and I were going to get along great!

I've been really impressed with the "easy to learn, challenging to master" feature set that C2 has, and really hope to see this community flourish :)

Last but not least... "hello" :)

(I also recently finished up my very first attempt which you can see in the "Your Creations" section :))
B

Post » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:34 am

hi my name is weazl
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Hello all! Long time reader and RPG lover! I've spent a lot of time making WC3 and SC2 custom maps hope to bring make a kick a** game soon!
B

Post » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 am

hi how to load any website website using ajax . I have created a page index.html and saved it on my window . when load this page the google page is not loaded on my browser. following codes are in my index.html page. please help me and tell me how to solve this problem

thanks in advance

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
     $(document).ready(function() {
               $.ajax({ url:"http://www.google.com/", cache:false, success:function(output){
                         $("#middle").html(output);          
                    }
               });

});

</script>
</html>
<body>
     <div id="middle">
     </div>          
</body>
</html>
B

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 am

Howdy.

I'm PuffolottiAccident, the self proclaimed "Ed Wood of M.U.G.E.N."

I've got in mind a game that isn't about fighting and altough my project requires weird things called "tables*" i'm confident i could fully develop it on construct 2... the day i learn how the mess i can politely ask to the engine: "Show me the content of this array/hash, all of it, at once"

*Plz, don't stone me to death for having polluted this forum with the forbidden and ubervulgar word, I'm a bad guy and there is no limit to my foul language or blasphemy.
B

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:33 am

Hi, i'm new to html5 and i'm here to learn from this site.
B

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi everyone<

I am new to html 5 and hope everyone is Construct 2 is a real deal.Just addicted to it
Still Nostalgic about programming
B

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Hiya,

My name is Dane, and I run Nochek Solutions. I have been playing video games since the industry started making good ones, and even continued to play after they stopped. Several years ago I started learning to program, and several languages later I decided I could finally begin to make the things I always wanted.

And then I realized that I didn't want to code it all from scratch :p

I looked around at HTML5-centric game makers, considering a few, when I stumbled upon Construct 2. It wasn't so much the features (I could think of a ton more I'd like) or the helpful reminders (I just want to set a variable to something that doesn't exist yet. I promise I'll make it later!) but the existence of a non-time limited demo version, that for the majority of purposes is a full on game creator.

Not only did I try out the free version for a few weeks, I also had my 11 year old nephew download it and start playing with it. He loves games, and now that he knows how to cut up sprites he is going to be belting out titles by the time hes 12.

Needless to say, I was so impressed by the relatively simple and expedient licensing system, and that is why I purchased Construct 2. That, and I've already created 4 levels of Tooof, it'd be a shame to let it go to waste now
B

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:25 pm

I love this software.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:43 am

Even though this isn't my first post on the forum, I decided it wasn't too late to make an introductory post for myself. I found Construct 2 less than a week ago. And, after my many years of being a GameMaker fan/advanced user, I quit game design for a long while. I got the idea in my head about a week ago to pick it back up. After some research, here I am. I would like to say that I'm loving C2 so far. I have developed 1 successful (in my head lol) mini-game with it after making the shooter tutorial. I am impressed and would love to stick around to see the future of this software. I do plan on buying a license when it is within my budget, I love to support small-town software developers that work as hard as these guys. Nonetheless, hello everyone!

TLDR; Hi!
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic