The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 am

Grettings everyone from page 8 :D

Welcome to the community... glad you could make it. ;)

If you need anything, feel free to ask!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:57 am

Hello there, everyone.

'Bout Me-
Real Life Name: Wiebe Marten
Native Language: Dutch and German
Interests: Gaming, Programming, Playing Marimba, Origami, Reading.
Why the Username "RedJiggly"?? Well... I'm a Die Hard Pokmonfan. And I like the color red 8)

I found out about Construct on a dutch forum here on the internet wich theme is also game making.(99% RPG Maker XP :lol: ) I hope I'll enjoy it here, since I think that a few of the simple game ideas I have can easily be made with Construct when I understand it enough.

*bows*

~RJ
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 am

Ello! I am beatthelastboss, and have been using construct for about a month now. I enjoy making pixels move and being random. I hope I can become more active in this community, and make a few games while I'm at it :D
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 am

Hey folks, I'm Deeje. 22 male from USA.

I've been using a program called Game Maker for several years but I've decided to switch to Construct as it is much more capable and seems to have a more professional community. Also because I think GM's new developers are taking it in the wrong direction.

My design interests are mainly strategy, sim, and sandbox style games. I like games that have you start out with nothing, working your way up to reach the zenith of the game. It often involves work. I realize some people are against mixing work and play, but I think working at something makes it that much more rewarding when you achieve it.

Here's a screenshot of a current project of mine. It involves colonizing planets and strategically leveraging your economy and military strength in order to conquer a galaxy. Cliche, I know, but there will be more to it eventually.

Once I learn Construct a little better I'd love to help out in any way I can with its development.
Feel free to PM or whatever. Peace :]
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:21 am

Hello everyone.

I'm a programming student/spriter who just discovered Construct and fell in love with it. As far as experience I've just finished the ghost tutorial and started to do things on my own.

Hopefully I can get better and start making some actual progress.
Yeah, I don't talk too much. >_>
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:42 am

Hello there,
I've been using Construct for about four months now, playing with ideas and building engines before getting bored trying to make the graphics.
After ten years in the workplace (several of them in the games industry) I'm taking a few months out to catch up with all the things I never got around to doing, learning to drive, reading books and most importantly building the games I've been designing in notebooks and random .txt files for the last decade.
Gotta say though, Construct is something I've been looking for for a long time. Hell, even my inner QA/Tech writer can't find anything to complain about so I reckon I've found a winner here :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 am

Hello, I am a blitzmax user, previously I have made a puzzle game called "Happier than you," and now that I have come to know Construct, which I love, I set a new goal of creating a plataform game, I love to use construct and the game is getting into shape quickly. By the way, I want to make a casual plataformer, we will see if I achieve it or not. :lol: :oops:

Edit: Just wanted to apologize for posting a link to my site in my first post, I understand your doubts and I assure you I'll keep coming back to this forums, as I said before, I allready started developing a plataformer in this awesome tool that is Construct. No hard feelings.
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 am

So .... my antivirus says that link is a trojan
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 am

Mine doesn't. And I can't find any information online that says his site is linked to trojans or other malware. It's probably just a false positive.

But... it is rather spammy to show up and link to your site in your first post, especially when you're charging money for your game. It just doesn't look good. Most of the time when people do that, they end up making just one or two posts and then disappearing. And I did find evidence suggesting link spamming for FunEffect (the site) on other boards and blogs.

But instead of a ban I will give FunEffect (the user) the benefit of the doubt. I've changed your link though, FunEffect. It now points to a Google search for your game. People can find it that way. Hopefully you really are here to learn Construct, but I suppose only time will tell. If it turns out that you become a regular member of the community then I'll approve of linking to your site.

And if you really are here to learn Construct then welcome :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 am

Hello fellow Constructs.

I've migrated here from using GameMaker and C++ as my main development languages.

I'm here simply because I want to try Construct out and see what it's limits are. My expertise lies in networking and writing client/server applications for what we used to call "MMO Games" on the GameMaker Community, but due to it's inefficiency can be referred to as a gathering of around 10 players.

I'd really like to see where a tool like Construct ends up, and I'm supporting it all the way.

Regards,
Schyler
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic