The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:17 am

[quote="Schyler":j3bds16s]GameMaker and C++ as my main development languages[/quote:j3bds16s]

[quote:j3bds16s]My expertise lies in networking and writing client/server applications for what we used to call "MMO Games"[/quote:j3bds16s]

MMO plugin CONFIRMED???!??!?!
....just kidding, welcome =)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 am

Hello all. I'm David. 26, turning 27 in March. 2009 was a pretty busy year... got married and had my first baby. 2010 is turning out fantastic now that I've found out about Construct! I've been a pretty avid gamer ever since the family Atari 2600 was handed down to me as a child. Ever since then I've owned every mainstream gaming system.

I've always wanted to get into game design but actual coding is far too time consuming (and mind numbing) for me. The system that Construct uses is incredible. Deadeye has already shown me several things accessible straight from the GUI that I thought would require manual scripting.

I'm hoping to become a long-term member of this community and someday offer as much help as I'm getting from the wonderful people here!
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 am

Hiya,
I'm Fondis, 16, living in Australia. I've planned to get into the games industry for a few years now, and of course, pretty much everywhere says that you should just start making games. So that's exactly what I'm doing, now that I've found a program that I can use without needing to do any programming.
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello, my name is Ben, and I'm 13 years old, so generally terrible at everything.

I've always wanted to make games, but I could never find an easy way to do it, GM has a steep learning curve, and MMF is just... eww. Then one day on ModDB, I saw an engine named 'Construct', I downloaded it and gave it a whirl! I love it!

So yeah, hi everyone.

Also, congratulations on your baby theBeaz! (I know its kind of late but meh :lol: )
B
G

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi,

My name is Trevor. I've been programming for about two years mostly with Java, PHP, and JavaScript. Game programming has always interested me, but I have only recently took the steps to become a game programmer. I've started learning Python and am studying hard. I'm also learning Pygame. I found out about Construct while looking at the GameMaker forum (of all places). After I learnt that Construct has an internal Python scripting engine I decided this is the right game engine for me. Currently, I'm more interested in helping people with their games than I am in learning Construct in depth and making my own game. However, I'm going to give the tutorials a good look over. If anyone has a game that might benefit from a little scripting send me pm.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi! Im just new to this community. I'm fond of games especially those sporty types. see yah around 8)
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:31 am

Hi, :o

I have developed my first commercial game with game maker (http://aureus-interactive.com/) and now I want learn Construct in order to make games with more animated graphic.
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:45 am

Welcome to all of the new and newish members! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:01 am

Looks nice Aureus, I can't wait to see what you do with Construct.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello. I'm from Michigan, USA. I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks. I haven't had a lot of time to play with Construct yet, but I figured it's about time to join the forums anyway.

I've been an on-and-off hobby programmer since the Commodore 64 days. I haven't really had the time to do much programming since I gave my Amiga up in 2000 for a more modern computer. :( Man, I still miss it sometimes. I was a big fan of the ARexx scripting language back then. When I saw that Construct allows Python scripting, I thought it would be perfect for me.

Anyway, I'm currently studying both Python and Construct, and generally liking both. I figure that my first learning projects will probably be some retro games that I played on the Commodore 64 and such. :mrgreen: Hopefully I can also add some knowledge to the forums and wiki as I progress.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic