The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 pm

hay im get creat my games for want get many pliz my mether not any more :(
B

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Coucou

B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi, I'm interested in making a few small games without having to learn to program so I thought i might try construct
B

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello World! Greetings from a German, so bear with my english errors ;)
Soo why i am here? I have come to the conclusion that construct 2 is the thing i was waiting for.

After i found construct (in the classic version) a long time ago, i only looked one time at it because at that time i was only using the rpgmaker (which i used starting with the rm2k, used/tested rm95, rm2k3, rmxp, rmvx, rmvxace too)

so after years were i was programming only in basic, ruby and so on my favourite thing become webdev with php/html/etc.

though after i wanted to switch from the rpgmaker to html5 gamedev my first problem was a simple one: i was too lazy :D
construct 2 give me the power to specialize on the design, not the programming so its the right thing ;)

though something bothering me: you can`t add own code or i am missing something? atleast you can code plugins for functions which are missing right?

second when i currently use the free version an upgrade, i can still use an old projekt with the new license?

@SuperEpicJelly: Hello there...i think some program logic comprehension would be good i think to get the hang for making a little bit more complicated things.Farrok2012-06-09 18:26:39
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 pm

hello people i like this...
is a pleasure to be with you....
B

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi im dylan from wales ,uk .... realy excited , im making a jet set willy style game, but its going to have an impossibly deep plot involving all kinds of world religions, going to be insane...btw great stuff...i hope you guys like helping folks, im going to need all the help i can get
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 am

hello i'm chuck007 and i think i'm good to do vido game
B

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:38 am

I am new member, and i want to make a game without coding.. because i did not learn java    but anyways if anyone has icons like player.png or.. ending boss.png. that will help me get started on my new game.

Username: Mrrobogavin
B

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Hi everyone.

I'm Neil, 31 from the UK. I pretty much just stumbled across this site while looking around for HTML 5 games for my work, I'm a licensing manager for a flash gaming portal.

So after downloading Construct 2 and following the shooter tutorial and replacing the monster with a face of one of our work colleagues, I actually felt like I could actually make some simple games even though I know zero coding. So hopefully I'll be plodding along and no doubt asking for help while I attempt to push my grand ideas through the software and finish with a game that doesn't resemble my vision at all :D.

Background wise, I've been playing with some form of computers since I was four with my first computer being a BBC Micro B, ahh the days of Elite, "Inset rose tint here". Since then I've gone through Atari's, Amiga's, Master System, Snes, Playstations; you name it I've probably played on it.
So gaming is a huge part of my life and I can't see myself without some form of gaming at all.
There you have it, me in a nutshell, so hi :).
B

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi,

I'm Ben, I'm a software engineer who does a bit of games dev on the side. Previously I've played around creating Indie Games on the Xbox Indie Games service I'm looking to have a go at HTML5 and phone dev.

Cheers
Ben
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic