The Official Real Life Pics Thread

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Can we skip the "omg-it's-a-girl-on-the-internet" fuss this time around? I hope Mary Jane is OK with you posting a picture of her. Did you ask first? (I don't think I'd be happy if David went posting images of me on the web, for example :P)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing, I sent her a pm a few minutes ago asking her if I should remove it and she said its cool. But yeah people shouldn't post photos of other people.

Photos of you Ashley...like the one of you diving into a group of girls...or the one of you with a beard...or the one of us on the London Eye :) ?

:o
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 pm

[quote="Ashley":ck2pw64d]Can we skip the "omg-it's-a-girl-on-the-internet" fuss this time around? I hope Mary Jane is OK with you posting a picture of her. Did you ask first? (I don't think I'd be happy if David went posting images of me on the web, for example :P)[/quote:ck2pw64d]

No. Sorry for that, Mary Jane!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Me? Maybe.... I hope so :]

B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:57 pm

[quote="Ashley":1c38g5ns]I hope Mary Jane is OK with you posting a picture of her. Did you ask first?[/quote:1c38g5ns]

I don't think that matters. If Mary Jane wants her picture posted, she will post it herself. I removed the link in Yaraslau's post.

And that pretty much goes for pictures of everyone. The only way we can be sure that someone has permission to post a picture is if they post their own.

As for the reaction to the situation (omg a girl, post her picture everywhere and creepily tell her how cute she is), it's borderline harassment. I haven't been keeping up with this thread on a regular basis, because I assumed that this was one of the few threads on the forum that can take care of itself. Apparently I was wrong.

It goes without saying that your fellow forum members should be treated with respect... but I suppose I have to say it now. And if I hear one word from anyone in the future about being harassed, I'll start handing out bannings. It's not cool.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 pm

I dont think its so bad to be told you're pretty by people on the other side of the world ... or handsome ... on a side note everyone feel free to compliment my appearance :P Joking aside though, posting other peoples photos is wrong. I think people forgot a persons photo is not a lost 'file' that someones managed to recover off a caching site. I did send a pm off to Mary Jane at the time and she said its all good and so I guess it was all a big miss understanding, but none the less this shouldn't have happened. Kinda sad and ironic she removed her pic originally so she wouldn't gain any extra attention and the last 3 pages have all been about this situation >.< Still, I bet the exact same thing would have happened if Ashley posted a pic and then removed it afterwards though ;) Now someone post a pic of themselves :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 am

[quote="David":3q4bbrkt]posting other peoples photos is wrong[/quote:3q4bbrkt]
After you posted a picture of me omfg! You're so banned! ;)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:50 am

-Me at Halloween.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:57 pm

My previous photo was removed due to time limitation. This one - with colleagues. I stay between a girl and a woman.

EDIT: all persons are public, no need to mask their faces.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:23 am

Lol Yara, you remind me of Agent Smith xD

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic