The Path - a new Puzzler

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Hey guys,

over the past few weeks i have worked on a simple puzzle game. I just uploaded it to GameJolt. I plan to make a special version for the Scirra Arcade in the near future.

It's really easy to master and creates a classic arcade feeling.

Every comment, feedback, bug report is highly appreciated.

So long

GumbGumb2013-05-23 23:31:44

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Cool game, I enjoyed playing it. I have a few points I feel need some work:
I should be able to just keep the mouse button down between levels. If feels strange that I have to click again to start the next level, and it breaks the flow of the game.

Dragging the mouse to fast may cause you to jump over a block. It only happened once, but it could be solved by creating a sprite between the last block and the current position of the mouse every time it moves a long distance, and then checking if that sprite is over the correct block before considering it as a fowl

Maybe improve level generation? I was at level 35+ and a level generated with only 3 blocks...

Add music! :)

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

When i saw the screenshots i thought "damn! its the same game that im doing!" but when i played it, its totally different :D

I love the art style a lot, sounds and graphics, can be a good mobile game because is fast, simple, beautiful and you need a little time to play.

P.D.: music now!! :D

Post » Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm

thank you very much for your awesome feedback :D

@7soul: you pointed out some good things. There seems to be an overall problem with the mouse detection so I will definitely have to work on that... also level generation has that small prob with getting stuck. I tried to fix that but I probably have to figure out an complete new process to generate the path... it's too random i guess^^

Music: well i thought nobody mind it that there is no music... but looks like I was wrong^^. I contacted an old buddy of mine who is kind of an indie producer ( keeping it true indie here ;) )... so let's see what we can come up with in the future.

new update is coming soonish... also with real online scores and stuff ;)

so stay tuned :D

so long

Return to Completed Creations