The "perfect" Construct 3

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:14 am

ciaphuas wrote:*Seamless building to Android and iOS
*Improved mobile performance
*Seamless integration with no problems using iAP, Ads, Google Play/Gamecenter
*Major improvement to plugin support
* New features (can't think of anything at the top of head)

These are a bit general but really good suggestions. I saw other users asking for similar improvements.

ciaphuas wrote:Construct 2 is a great basis for all this, but please don't waste time/effort designing for 3D. If I wanted 3D would use Unreal engine (which already has event driven support called Blueprints) or Unity 3D (which has well developed plugins for Events). Do not put yourself up against these behemoths and focus on making 2D game development the best.

+1

ciaphuas wrote:On a side note if you MUST grow past 2d games, try adding better support to creating different type of Apps (fitness, maps, social networking, etc)

It would be interesting to see Construct 3 move towards making apps as well and not just games. I'd love to see a focus for apps too. We can make certain types of apps with Construct 2 as well, and while I think it's the best way to have Construct 3 as game development focused as Construct 2, a few features designed for app development woudn't hurt if Scirra have time to implement such.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:19 am

3d objects would be nice, but there are much more important features needed like isometric z-sorting and elevations, sprite distortion, level collision masks as well as images masks and more like streamlining the events system and editor, improved plugins with added features etc.

here re also planty of suggestions already posted on the forums.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:47 am

I would pay for a native export addition, everything same as C2, with native export for PC, iOS, Android and Consoles. :)

ps. We still have a broken Linux and MAC export since NWjs is bugged (fails to load, red bar) for those platforms for ages.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:12 am

just imagine construct event editor with unreal rendering with unity lightning system :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 am

Implementation of Any, ANY of the things mentioned in Bret Victors speech here: https://vimeo.com/71278954

Literally just copying the user interfaces, the way things are presented, the high improvisational nature of simultaneous processing (some aspects of this are already implemented in the C2 debugger but in no way it is as seamless)

UX UX UX. Please, it makes MOUNTAINS of difference.

@Ashley, would it be offensive if I offer to pay you to watch the video? You can just say you did of course :) But I'm willing to invest in this. It goes so well along many of C2's maxims of approachability, ease of use, simplicity... If this is offensive, please accept my apologies. I can pay in BTC. 50 usd?

It's beyond me why Bret Victor says that someone "else" will build this programing environment, but in essence that means anyone can copy use it in their own work.
Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm

@mahdi71, Unreal 4 Lightning system is stronger than Unity. We tested Unity with different systems for previous projects and comparatively to Unreal 4, Unity pales.

Now, I disagree with C3 having 3D. If its done externally like what can be found for C2 then why not, but I think C3 should continue focusing on 2D instead.
After all not many users will be able to build 3D games.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:41 pm

FraktalZero wrote:@mahdi71, Unreal 4 Lightning system is stronger than Unity. We tested Unity with different systems for previous projects and comparatively to Unreal 4, Unity pales.

Now, I disagree with C3 having 3D. If its done externally like what can be found for C2 then why not, but I think C3 should continue focusing on 2D instead.
After all not many users will be able to build 3D games.

which version of unity you test on?
look at "desert of kharak" night maps then you get why unity have better lighting system
and what settings and shaders did you use ?
can i see some pictures of unity vs unreal with same assets and same shaders lighting and settings?
because unreal use so much shaders on default but in unity you must spend some time for shaders and shadows and ...
and if construct 3 had 3D then more users will come
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 pm

Desert of Kharak might be using marmoset light engine and using PBR. We used the same in our project. There's also the possibility of using Autodesk Beast.
At the studio we have people that also worked in projects using Unreal 4 and its indeed more powerful. Shaders can be completely customized in UE4. Plus you can also use Blueprints to have full control on them. I base this on my knowledge with both engines. Our experience with Unity was awful.

Its a good engine but not appropriate for certain game types, that's all. Power wise its very limited when compared with how Unreal works. here I'm talking about pipeline wise.

And obviously we have access to all the latest versions of both Unity and Unreal.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:37 pm

damjancd wrote:Implementation of Any, ANY of the things mentioned in Bret Victors speech here: https://vimeo.com/71278954

I don't understand what you want me to take away from this video. Despite the name, it's more like "the past of programming". Can you give me any examples of specific product decisions that could be made based on anything he says?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:27 pm

The option to preview with assets currently in memory for waaay faster iteration time on bigger projects. If loading times for previews aren't prioritized I won't use Construct after Klang is finished.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General