The "perfect" Construct 3

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Not Local Storage anymore...

It will not work on console anyway. Just need another save system. Generate savefile with value storage (e.g. highscore) inside the project folder. And let the game reads it automatically.

Dictionary is good. But it automatically reset after restart. Something Dictionary + Local Storage is needed.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 pm

shinichild wrote:Not Local Storage anymore...

It will not work on console anyway. Just need another save system. Generate savefile with value storage (e.g. highscore) inside the project folder. And let the game reads it automatically.

Dictionary is good. But it automatically reset after restart. Something Dictionary + Local Storage is needed.

Did you try saving the game using the NW.js file actions with a json file? I saw posts on the forums from experienced devs who made working save game systems with that.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 pm

glerikud wrote:
shinichild wrote:Not Local Storage anymore...

Did you try saving the game using the NW.js file actions with a json file? I saw posts on the forums from experienced devs who made working save game systems with that.

I've tried that too. But you know what? The files automatically deleted after the game closed. Besides, there is no such action for Json thing with NW.js actions.

I will just wait. My game takes around 1 year to finish. Maybe many things will be changed in the future.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Is this the place for C3 requests? Just wanted to put in my two cents: built in vector graphics support would be great. I know there are some plugins already, but it was one of the most obvious things missing for someone who for example worked with flash before: SVG file support, canvas/drawing support, tweening.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:55 am

oosyrag wrote:Is this the place for C3 requests? Just wanted to put in my two cents: built in vector graphics support would be great. I know there are some plugins already, but it was one of the most obvious things missing for someone who for example worked with flash before: SVG file support, canvas/drawing support, tweening.

It was said before a few times and it is a must have feature in my opinion. So +1 to your request. I really hope Scirra will include it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:44 pm

@Ashley - I might have a few ideas for the future of C3 if it is implementable.

My Suggestions for C3:
+3D and 2D separate interface - A 2D or 3D option in the "project properties bar" or in the "new dialog" or in the "view menu". Whichever is efficient.
+C3 image editor that can make transparent images, aspect ratio resize or scale, gradient and shapes and also multiple images can be placed inside the image editor to be edited, crop and other useful features of an image editor.
+Behaviors can be made using the event sheet but still save the option to make a behavior using javascript.
+More coloring and lighting features. ( I don't know much about this , I hope you get the idea.)
+!!!Most Importantly!!!(Exclamation point for emphasis) C3's own native export option to make life easier.

That's it for now. The most important is the native export out of all.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:49 pm

chadorireborn wrote:@Ashley - I might have a few ideas for the future of C3 if it is implementable.

My Suggestions for C3:
+3D and 2D separate interface - A 2D or 3D option in the "project properties bar" or in the "new dialog" or in the "view menu". Whichever is efficient.
+C3 image editor that can make transparent images, aspect ratio resize or scale, gradient and shapes and also multiple images can be placed inside the image editor to be edited, crop and other useful features of an image editor.
+Behaviors can be made using the event sheet but still save the option to make a behavior using javascript.
+More coloring and lighting features. ( I don't know much about this , I hope you get the idea.)
+!!!Most Importantly!!!(Exclamation point for emphasis) C3's own native export option to make life easier.

Unfortunately, the most important thing that you stated that you wanted, most likely will not be implemented. It's been stated so many times already.
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:06 pm

chadorireborn wrote:@Ashley - I might have a few ideas for the future of C3 if it is implementable.

My Suggestions for C3:

There won't be native export nor 3D. Ashley said obvious reasons for this. If you're interested, search the forum. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Has copying/viewing the event sheet as plain text been brought up? I think it would be nice to copy pseudocode for discussion via messaging, email, or forums. The current method of taking a screenshot, uploading to a file host, then hot linking seems rather cumbersome to me.

On the other hand it might disincentivise people from uploading their capx when asking for help, but that happens all the time now anyways. There are a fair amount of legitimate reasons people don't want to share their capx.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:11 am

@Usman Haq , @glerikud - You're right. I searched the forum and there were many topic I found requesting native export and 3D. Since Ashley said "no" a couple of times already then I'll just take it out.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General